Request: Disable Team Skins

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chibbyranjo

Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Has anyone made a mod/mutator to disable team skins? I want to play against battledroids (from Star Wars) in their original colour instead of a blue version that ruins the look of them... Please help me!
Thanks in advance...

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I don't think a bump after ten minutes is necessary.

2. No one has made the mutator, thankfully, because unscrupulous server admins could use it for screwing up team games.

You can play DM with them, right?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Not that I know of. I can't say disabling team skins is a really good idea. That opens the door for a lot of potential cheating and there's enough as it is.

You didn't say what game type but I'm guessing that for one reason or another it's a team game. :p

You might have to make do with playing DM with these skins, I'm not sure.

Pxtl

Lord of the Files
Jan 30, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
A better idea would be to learn to tinker with the models themselves. Make a modified version of the model you want - I'm sure it would be trivial to convince UT2k3 that your neutral skin is your blue skin.

And as for unscrupulous server admins - I am of the opinion that a server admin should be able to do anything he wants, so long as it doesn't damage the client machine. That's the fun of running a server - its your game, your rules. As long as the admin doesn't give himself super-powers, its fair IMHO.

Besides, a "what side is who on?" mod where everybody looks the same (same skin, same colour, 100% team damage, no names) could be interesting for a clan match. You'd need to learn codes of taunts and stuff. No team whisper allowed either.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
1. I have no idea what the hell that is.

2. Why did you go to the trouble of searching for this just to bump it?

Status
Not open for further replies.