UE2 - UT2kX Lineage 2 Custom Meshes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkRose

Dec 13, 2011
Hi , i want to ask if someone knows how to insert custom non-static meshes (like armors) in L2 , i've tried to insert .ukx with a .psk(skeletal mesh) and .psa(animations) created in UnrealED , but L2 gives me a critical error , please if someone know a way to do it or a program please help me (i've posted in several forums and mailed several people but nobody answers me T.T)

DarkRose

Dec 13, 2011
Here it is , that's the error that i recieve

CrashError.jpg

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
tried to insert .ukx with a .psk(skeletal mesh) and .psa(animations) created in UnrealED
...editor for L2? If not, you cant use packages from different version of UE.
SkeletalMesh Etemal_Core.MFighter_m016_u:Serial size mismatch: Got 403267, Expected 403271
... that's mean different version of UE or SkeletalMesh is f***t-up.

Ps: next time copy/paste log - i don't need to see your desktop...

DarkRose

Dec 13, 2011
I think Lineage 2 didn't have it's own editor , so i don't know what version of UnrealED can be the correct for editing Lineage 2 files , if someone knows it plz tell me

Now i tried to use UT2004 UnrealED and this happened :

2011.12.18 16:55:09
CPU : GenuineIntel Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz @ 3200 MHz 4094MB RAM
Video : NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (7533)
PosCode : LS1(216) -64:0:-102 2/0 [0]

Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:..\..\Core\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 186]

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- TLazyArray<< <- TArray<< <- USkeletalMesh::Serialize <- (SkeletalMesh Eternal_Core.MFighter_m016_u) <- LoadObject <- (SkeletalMesh Eternal_Core.MFighter_m016_u 5291778==5291778/5632406 5229067 403272) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Mesh Eternal_Core.MFighter_m016_u NULL) <- UMeshComponent::LoadMeshComponent <- UMeshContainer::UpdateMeshComponents <- APawn::UpdateMeshComponents <- User::UpdatePawnMeshContainerByItem <- User::UpdatePawnMeshContainer <- User::SetPawnResource <- NCPawnView_InvenItemWnd::OnRButtonDown <- NCVirtualWndMain::SetFocusingWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::DispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd::DispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd::MasterConsoleEventProcess <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- ALineagePlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- UMasterLevel::Tick <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Last edited:

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
There is some chance that L2 have editor... But this will be very hard to do...
I don't have Lineage 2 and i can just guess...
Make .bat file, inside write:
ExecName.exe editor
pause

or:
ExecName.exe -editor
pause

Run bat and look in to commandline...
If your lucky...
Try google ie. 'Lineage 2 editor'

DarkRose

Dec 13, 2011
I think L2 has his own editor , because in System folder it has the files Editor.u , Core.dll and other more than i saw in UT2004 System folder , i tried with the .bat that you said but it only opens the game , i think there's some missing file or something