UE2 - UT2kX Help with exporting model from 3DS MAX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

offramp

bOfframp=True
Apr 28, 2006
Cologne
Hi,
i had a model of a road sign made that i need in UnrealEd 3. The guy did it in 3DS Max 2010 and gave me a max file. I downloaded the 3DS Max 2011 trial (because i just need it for this one model), opened the file and exported it to an ASE file. On import in UnrealEd 3 the editor crashes.
I tried to use the ActorX plugin (the version for 3DS Max 2010 is supposed to work with the 2011 version, right?), but the plugin won't load.
Now i don't want to get into this too much, i just need that one model. So could anyone maybe convert the file for me? This should only be a couple minutes for someone who knows what they're doing.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Mak_Ovemi

Dec 6, 2010
US
avedc.com
Uh, Ive got a new problem.

I tried to make a colorizeable version of the recon model but his arms dont change color.

What am I doing wrong?

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
Hi,
i had a model of a road sign made that i need in UnrealEd 3. The guy did it in 3DS Max 2010 and gave me a max file. I downloaded the 3DS Max 2011 trial (because i just need it for this one model), opened the file and exported it to an ASE file. On import in UnrealEd 3 the editor crashes.
I tried to use the ActorX plugin (the version for 3DS Max 2010 is supposed to work with the 2011 version, right?), but the plugin won't load.
Now i don't want to get into this too much, i just need that one model. So could anyone maybe convert the file for me? This should only be a couple minutes for someone who knows what they're doing.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Exist two different versions of .ase... Try import to Milkshape and export as .ase - Milkshape .ase format is compatybil with Unreal engine.

Last edited: