The Clanbase XMP Cup

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

Clanbase UTXMP Supervisor
Oct 11, 2002
www.12monkeyz.com
You can add a "calendar note" that says "NO GAMES" or "JXL", so that your challengeing opponents can see when you dont want to play.

You can also add "challenge notes" that denote your preferred times etc.

for example.

UT, UT2004 and XMP. We play from 8pm (UK) onwards, no Fridays or Saturdays please. For UT2004 wars: No adrenaline please.

You can pretty much tailor anything, which is why www.clanbase.com is such a powerful tool, even for just challenging friendlys

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
Nice... :D

I have read faq's and help pages, and starting to understand the system,, ;)

But it was abit hard at the start....

Jaybo

Oct 11, 2002
www.12monkeyz.com
IAS|Spiff said:
Nice... :D

I have read faq's and help pages, and starting to understand the system,, ;)

But it was abit hard at the start....

here is an example of the calendar i was referring to.

If you check the Sunday, u will see they are all the same, thats because I added an event for every Sunday called JXL.

simple.

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 39

OnYx(DCSB)

Jolt Adm1n
Mar 15, 2004
Yea, clanbase is a nice system. Just need more clans now to make it more competative for all of us.

Mole[DCSB]

DCSB Clan Member
Mar 9, 2004
UK
www.xmp.dcsb.co.uk
Yup. This cup gonna get going Jaybo? Whats gonna be the system for match arranging? The clans arrange it between them and have to have it done by a certain date? Or will there be set days for it? It would be cool to run it on the alternate days to JXL, so on the sundays you dont have a JXL match, you have a CB cup match.

Jaybo

Oct 11, 2002
www.12monkeyz.com
no mate, the cup wont be looked at until we have 16 clans.

8 is pointless

16 is pretty much the minimum.

The way the knockout/group stages are set up are determined by either:

a:) a poule of clans, playing like a league, top 2 proceed.

b:) knockout with live draw in irc

When u make the challenge via cb, you have a date range to work within. Normally a week.

But untill we get more clans...it wont happen

Shame

OnYx(DCSB)

Jolt Adm1n
Mar 15, 2004
Shame indeed, but you rallied for the ladder which we got so if we stick with it......

/me crosses fingers.

Jaybo

Oct 11, 2002
www.12monkeyz.com
keasis

Make the clan, get a webpage, register @ clanbase, then use the inbuilt "wanted" section to post an add for XMP players.

You dont need a full squad to be accepted @ clanbase

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Lol reading this thread proves nobody died here in unreal world... i still see xmp running around just fine :)

OMG clanbase? Hmmm lot of quality there.. but my god clanbase is so tight @ss that i almost feel like im wasting my time going around there! You ever seen the forms they use for all sorts of participation? Typical dutch bureaucracy!
(you dont really need to know the shoe size of every person that walks on your doormat now do you? OVERKILL!)

Mole[DCSB]

DCSB Clan Member
Mar 9, 2004
UK
www.xmp.dcsb.co.uk
ICQ no1 really uses the XMP clanbase forum, being as most stuff is done here and in IRC.

And come on! get signed up guys! The matches arent all played on Euro servers. The more american clans that get signed up, the more matches you will have on US servers. Plus a few of us Euro clans are willing to play on US servers too. For example, I just challenged Omni to two matches, one on a UK server and one on a US server. Omni and tH had a match sat nite and played 1 map on the tH server and the other on the Omni server.

Drop the illusion that clanbase is a euro thing, cos its not. You get to decide for yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.