Default Character

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

*NiKita*

aka Flame
Dec 6, 2002
Ohio
www.atomicrage.net
When you are using a custom skin isn't there any way for you to choose a different default skin (instead of Gorge) for the people who don't have your skin downloaded to see?

I thought that the 2225 patch gave you the option of picking a few different default skins:

- allow several different default characters. Change the default character by adding the following line to the [xGame.xPawn] section of your user.ini file: PlacedCharacterName="aname" where aname can be "Gorge" (the default), "Sapphire", "Malcolm". "Mokara", "Rapier", "Brutalis", or "Roc"

But I tried this and I still came up as Gorge to people who didn't have the skin I was using. Is this just to determine the default skin I see when I don't have someone else's custom skin downloaded?

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
WebSlinger said:
I think it's a server setting. The server can decide it... I think

Yeah, I don't think you could change it client side. If it is even possible it would probably have to be the server.

The easy solution is just tell everyone what skin you're using so they can download... What skin is it anyways? I have damn near every single model and skin downloaded just to make sure I don't see Gorge.. And I like custom models and skins anyways. It's always funner fragging Christmas Homer, Wolverine, Bender and Spider-man than Gorge or Remus :D

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
spineblaZe said:
And I like custom models and skins anyways. It's always funner fragging Christmas Homer, Wolverine, Bender and Spider-man than Gorge or Remus :D

There's a problem with team games as far as the Marvel Batman goes, he looks like he's on the blue team all the time.

He's got shoulder lights but they're not bright enough.

And don't use the Storm Trooper, all that white makes you stick out like a sore thumb.

What skins do you have loaded Flame, link them and I'll load them.

I've already got the Necris skin pack but that's all, however I do have most of the Models.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
That's a big problem with a lot of models and skins, no Team Colors support... That's why I stick to default models when I am playing CTF.

You hear that skinners and modelers??? We want CTF skins included with EVERY model!!!! :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yes you really should...perhaps I would choose to play as one of them :p

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
can someone make a GMK skin with the body looking like it's cut and has scars?? and maybe a REAL tattoo?? Based off of Motig???

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
I want this...
I have more pictures and an email address of the author who made it in 3D studio max if anyone is interested in fulfilling my only UT2003 model desire...

Attachments

• shinichi1.jpg
    shinichi1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 626

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Holy Hijack batman...

That setting Flame, was designed so that people could pick a more visible default skin for them to see as a client. Basically it's supposed to replace all the default gorges with what you pick for you to see. I haven't gotten it to work. It's a bit of an answer to the DM skins prob.