Crap! I broke Infiltration :( Requesting help asap!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I was playing offline and opened the 'preferences' from console. Expanded 'Drivers' and was fiddlign about with the sound drivers i posted about in Development. Then i accidently clicked on 'Reset to default'. And now Inf doesn't work anymore. I get a green theme uwindow :( crap.

Tried to start inf with quickmenu and normal shortcut, green uwindow.

Attached is a screenshot of Preferences -> Drivers. As you can see when compared to yours, mine is fubar.
Also my Infiltration.log as it is when i start it now.

Attachments

• pref.JPG
    pref.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Infiltration.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 19

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I don't have UT/INF installed yet due to an annual hard drive format session , but in one of my Infiltration.ini backup i can see :
category [Engine.Engine]
AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem

and the following

[Audio.GenericAudioSubsystem]
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=False
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=False
UseSpatial=False
UseReverb=False
Use3dHardware=False
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
Channels=16
MusicVolume=160
SoundVolume=200
AmbientFactor=0.7

[Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]
UseDirectSound=True
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=False
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=True
UseSpatial=False
UseReverb=True
Use3dHardware=False
LowSoundQuality=True
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
EffectsChannels=16
DopplerSpeed=9000.000000
MusicVolume=160
SoundVolume=192
AmbientFactor=0.700000

i don't think there are any other references for UT sounds in that file.

Maybe editing your own Infiltration.ini that has been modified by pressing on the "default" button to have those values i quote (you can always edit them to higher quality after) should solve the problem without having to rework everything from the default infiltration.ini.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Try using the INF startup program (quick menu or what ever they call) to reconfigure your video device (under options). Maybe backup your InfiltrationUser.ini and Infiltration.ini (even if they are ****ed up) before doing anything else.

Restoring the default Infiltration.ini should work too. From what I understand it seems that what is happening is that when you reseted the settings, it also reseted the console (User Interface) setting. It is loading the default UT interface instead of loading the custom INF console/Interface.

EDIT: Posting you Infiltration.ini could help me checking it for problems.

Check under [Engine.engine] if the following line is correct and shows:
Console=INF_Console.INFc_Console
and not
Console=UTMenu.UTConsole
or anything else.

Last edited:

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Yay!! Indeed changing console from UTMenu.UTConsole to Console=INF_Console.INFc_Console gave me back the Inf console! After that i reconfigured video options and now it works again. :)

I make backups of all important .ini's from time to time but i was too tired yesterday and hadn't tried to copy an old .ini back.

Thanks GEO, FM and Crowze for coming to my aid. :D

edit: Sorry Geo :lol:

Last edited:

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Vega-don said:
bah you never broke it as much as me when i mixed inf and ut :D
heh. Actually, last night when it happened, one of the first things i thought about was your post back then. I also remember you did a complete reinstall iirc. Lord knows i didn't want to do that! (No, not Lord Kee.)