Installation problem - Play disc unrecognized

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerical

Dec 10, 2003
"Please insert your Unreal II Play Disc and restart the installation."

Has anyone else had this problem despite having the original discs? I've tried both the play and install discs as well as reassigning the CD drive letter in case it's changed from when I first installed it. Nothing seems to get it to recognize

The demo worked fine the last few days, then I uninstalled it when I downloaded the full version. Running Windows XP with a Sony DVD-ROM.

This is very frustrating because I've been looking forward to XMP. :mad:

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I've seen a lot of people complain about this and what they all had in common, was that they tried install XMP with a copy of U2.
You must own a legal copy of the game else you can't play XMP.

If you own a legal copy and still get these errors, try disable DMA for your CD. That sometimes helps. Also, disable antivirus during install.

GerbilJammer

Resident NOOb :D
Jan 25, 2001
Louisiana
I have a LEGIT copy of Unreal 2 and still cannot install. I don't have Alcohol 120 %, and I killed everything from the task manager. My drive is a LG 8400b CDRW. Could they have some kind of drive incompatibility?

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
get me on yahoo and msn agin and i will give ya the fix

i got a ligit copy and neather of my systems would install

Aerical

Dec 10, 2003
Thanks for the ideas, unfortunately neither worked. :(

It wouldn't work on my roommates computer either. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's CD, CDRW, or DVD either. Both are windows xp though.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
find the other post about the cd check and my conntact info is there gime a yell i can help

Status
Not open for further replies.