UE3 - UT3 Exporting ASE with milkshape makes mesh lose one material

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
I have a telephone pole that I did in milkshape - but im not sure how to get it to keep both materials on there? When I import it in to UT3, it loses the 2nd material... any help please? :mad:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Can UT3 import .lwo format? If not, give me a day or two and I will post the .ase exporter I wrote for MS3D. It also supports the MCD-- extensions for simple collision primitives

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
I'd really appreciate that alot. Would save me a world of a headache. And no, the editor can't import .lwo

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
See this thread for the released version of the MS3D ASE exporter (this post only added so that searches for similar topic can find the exporter).