Other UNREAL (Re)-release of DmTheXmasDeck with full S3TC support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diehard

This is an Unreal release !!!

In 2005 i released DmXmasDeck, but it contained a few errors that i liked to be fixed. And every year around Xmas i am thinking to redo it, and this year at the last moment i decided to redo the map and release it again.

Shivaxi helped me out to solve a sound problem that the previous map was bugging, so great thanks for that. Aside that, most of the work went into redoing all textures and in specific the S3TC textures. I created some 30 gig of data in a matter of 10 days, but i hope it shows off :)

Here are some screenshots from the map:

You can download the map here: DmTheXmasDeck.zip

That zipfile contains the needed files including the normal textures you need if you want to run it on a server.

For the S3TC textures, you can download the URP_S3TC_Hi_End_Package_01 at the bottom of that page:
MasterFiles HighEnd Aprox 216Mb.

Or you can choose to download the three single files from this link:

URP HighEnd 216Mb split into the 3 seperate utx files.

To be able to view the map as its ment to be played, you have to open the map from the console: TAB open DmTheXmasDeck or dmthexmasdeck. If you dont, than the lifestock in the shop wont apear. So please open the map in the console.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
"To be able to view the map as its ment to be played, you have to open the map from the console: TAB open DmTheXmasDeck or dmthexmasdeck. If you dont, than the lifestock in the shop wont apear. So please open the map in the console."

I don't understand this part. I haven't opened up an Unreal map in a while. Is it the same as UT or slightly different? Why won't the lifestock (possibly livestock) appear without opening in console?

Diehard

In Unreal, if you open the map in the menu by choosing Start Game --> Multiplayer and choose DmTheXmasDeck it will open the map as Dm and this will remove the lifestock from the map. The reason is that Unreal will set the the game to BNoMonsters True, so monsters will be gone.

If you open it up in the console, Unreal asumes its COOP and will treat the map accordingly. Which means BNoMonters is automatically set to False. So even you do load a Dm map, it will be treated as COOP and monters(read lifestock) will be there.

But you made me think, and i just tried it, if you choose Start Game ---> Multiplayer and set the gametype to COOP game, than you still can choose the map from the list and it will open including the lifestock. So you might wanna try that as well.

Either i never realised it, or it can be done because my current game is running patch 227. And i know this behavious is different under 227.

In any case, the map is opened only correctly if you see life animals in the giftshop and around the large outdoor tree. If not, you opened it as Dm instead of COOP.

How this behaviour works in UT i have no clue at all. In januari i will work on the map again, and might release it for UT as well, but i have no idea if the used mods are supported in UT. But theres no timeframe except ill try to get that done before xmas next year :p

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Can you change the unreal.ini file similar to the unrealtournament.ini file so that monsters are included if you open a DM? I have no idea if this can be done in UT, but I was just using an example that I'm more familiar with.