UT3 MapMixer alpha

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vlad

The Dude
Oct 19, 2000
DC
www.pc-gamers.net
sinx has finally released a public alpha of MapMixer for UT3. I have tried it out and it seems to add quite a bit to UT3 even though its still in an alpha test stage.

A quick few of the many features are;
-Extended control of Map rotations
-Game type rotations
-Mutator selections within game types (The translocator now works in DM maps!)
-Per level player counts
-Randomization of game types
-Randomization of maps
-Randomization of goal scores, and much more!

I have run the public alpha with great results. Admittedly, this "mutator" is not quite finished, and the documentation of how to configure all of the settings has not been compiled as yet. I'm sure that anyone that has used MapMixer with UT 2003 or UT 2004 will be able to find their way through the menu relatively easy. I can't emphasize just how much the variations that MapMixer offers helps in the playability of UT3, especially for the servers!

Please remenber, this is an alpha build. I highly recommend that you backup your UT3 files and settings before installing. While the final version and the documentation is being compiled, I would be happy to attempt to assist anyone here in configuring thier settings here. Just post back in this thread, and I will see if I can assist.

MapMixer Homepage

Download Page <- Updated Link

MapMixer Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
God I love MM. Thank sinx so much for sticking with it, looked like it was tough going for a while there.

Unfortunately, Oceana isn't letting me download even after making an account. I suspect I need to activate the account, but it hasn't sent me anything to let me do that despite a valid email.

Last edited:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
Don't thank me! Go over to MM's forums and thank sinx! ;)

Ah-ha. Indeed.

Unfortunately, Oceana refuses to allow me to activate my account, so I can't do s*** right now. I can't post in his board, I can't download the mod... Is there any way to delete my account so I can try creating another account in case I f***ed something up the first time?

Is there any other place he can host it? Please?

Last edited:

Vlad

The Dude
Oct 19, 2000
DC
www.pc-gamers.net
Is there any other place he can host it? Please?

Try downloading again, sinx just posted in the Epic forums;
"With any luck, people shouldn't have to register on oceaniaut.com to download MM anymore. However, I might take this opportunity to point local people in Australia to that site if they haven't already: www.oceaniaut.com. They've been a great support to me in hosting my project."

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
I honestly could never understand how to get Mapmixer to work with UT2k4... hopefully i'll figure it out with this version.

Vlad

The Dude
Oct 19, 2000
DC
www.pc-gamers.net
Maybe I can help!

The delete option is one of the issues that sinx is trying to fix at the moment. Is seems that UT3 doesn't provide an option to clear lists at the moment. That being said, be careful what you add. To clear any settings that you inadvertently add try replacing or removing the following;
UTMapMixer_Client.ini
UTMapMixer_ListsGameRules.ini
UTMapMixer_ListsMapDefaults.ini
UTMapMixer_ListsMaps.ini
UTMapMixer_ListsMapSources.ini
UTMapMixer_ListsMutators.ini
UTMapMixer_Session.ini
UTMapMixer.ini

I have not tried this yet, so not all of these files may need to be deleted.
You may not need to delete UTMapMixer_MapDatabase.ini, but if you do, I'm fairly certain that MM will need to rescan your maps.

If that doesn't start up fresh, try deleting all MM files in your UT3 folder and install from scratch.

After working with MM over the years, I have found it easier to config MM in the following order;
1. Create Game types (I always add Instagib)
2. Create Map Lists
3. Create Source Lists
4. Config Mutators
5. Config Rules
6. Change Map Defaults if needed
7. Finally config the Setup menu.

Otherwise PM me and I'll see if I can assist!

Vlad

The Dude
Oct 19, 2000
DC
www.pc-gamers.net
sinx has released alpha 5 of MapMixer. There have been lots of changes and bugs fixed since alpha 3 and 4. Grab it over at the MapMixer web site (no registration required). And please remember that this is still in the alpha stage.

Vlad

The Dude
Oct 19, 2000
DC
www.pc-gamers.net
sinx has released MapMixer alpha 6, you can get it in the download section over at the MapMixer site.

sinx said:
See the enclosed Changelog for new features but the most notable would be the MapMixer Faction System and Main Menu customisation abilities.

Now, let me make something VERY clear! If you aren't going to read the enclosed file "_YOU MUST READ THIS FIRST.txt" then I ask that you do not download this ALPHA version. The installation procedure has changed since Alpha 5 and you're going to get into trouble if you simply copy the new files into your UTGame folder!

MapMixer is not quite feature-complete and has NOT gone through rigorous testing and is neither a BETA or a FINAL release version. If you do download Alpha 6 and don't read the info then I can't help you with any problems you have. Having said all that, I do like to hear from people with feedback and suggestions, as well as helping people if they are having trouble with something. Remember that there is currently NO documentation at the moment and I like to treat this as an evaluation version.

There has been a LOT of changes since alpha 5! I really think everyone is going to like MapMixer even more!

Vlad

The Dude
Oct 19, 2000
DC
www.pc-gamers.net
And being able to enable UT3 auto switching game types, does make UT3 much better. Not to mention all of the other configs that are possible. Also, don't forget that the Bots Factions config has now been enabled in MM.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
The launch>mapmixer section is just too damn confusing. I just dont understand it.

When I go to launch>Quick Match, is this basically instant action? Why can't I set a prefferred team? Even when I hit escape, it wont let me swap to the blue team when I enter a match. Why can't the list save the preffered view option? I wish it to stay at thumbnail2 view everytime.

*edit* figured out the team preferance.

Last edited:

Vlad

The Dude
Oct 19, 2000
DC
www.pc-gamers.net
The quick match is basically instant action and bypasses the MapMixer config.

It comes in handy when you wish to try out a new map that your not sure that you would want to keep in your UT3 Custom Maps folder.