Community Download Center

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Hi all,

One of the things that I have noticed about Inf and just about any other community supported game is the difficulty in locating the latest and greatest map version, mutator version, etc. There are several community sites out there that archive maps, mutators and such but as there are so many releases, they are often out of date. There is simply not enough time in the world for one person or group of people to keep everything up to date.

My thought was that it might be nice to have a community download center where mappers, coders, etc. could post their files for release to the community. Whether final release or BETA, this area could be used to provide one stop shopping for everything Infiltration. Since the actual developers are doing the posting you are almost always guaranteed that it is up to date and it creates a place for devs to share their files from without having to deal with the advertising supported sites like File Front, etc.

Before I put something like this together, I want to make sure that the mappers (Opfor, Fat Marrow, et. al.) and the coders (Crowze, Cleeus, Duke, etc.) would use it as it would only work if they use it.

FYI this site is not intended to replace or compete with a Real Maps or Combat Maps as there will be no reviews. In fact I would welcome either of those sites to leech the files off my site if they were so inclined. I would not be posting reviews, ratings, etc. This site would simply be a storehouse of files.

Please let me know if this would work or not.

Shan

codenet

-R4|}-
Dec 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Visit site
i think thats a cool idea. it would give people who arent so used to the forums the ability to download mutes and maps etc. with ease. good idea and i hope it works out!

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
A similar idea was suggested for planetinf some time ago and I like it.
The only problem is that than there would be even more sites related to inf. It will take ages until this new site would have all those files, the new and the old ones.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Good idea. I promise not to come up with a bunch of suggestions to complicate things.

So if we pass the hat around and get enough money to hire a maid for yurch what treasures would he come up with? Also we need to find the type of woman he likes and get the exact opposite or he'll never get anyrhing done.

Last edited:

jbJOGI

puzzled?
Apr 15, 2001
Germany
www.combatmaps.de
the idea of a file database with mappers being able to upload the files on their own is not bad.

but unfortunately even the upload script on combatmaps (which was coded with the same intention) isn't used very often. :(
i think it won't work. one reason is the lack of new releases for inf the other problem is the general lazyness of mankind. ;)
also you should have someone to check and "activate" the files just to make sure it are working version without viruses, etc...

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
What a like about this is that it would then be possible to do a mailing list for files that get updated so admins and interested players can keep up without pouring through the forums.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
i think it won't work

You may very well be right. The difference between what I want to set up and what Combatmaps has, however, is that the dev would own their file and have the right to update it at will without need for someone to activate it. I can do this because we would be making use of the Clan Territory authentication system so I would ahve e-mail addresses, etc. for people who sign up and the majority of the community developers are already registered there anyhow.

My hope would be that opening it up to everyone and giving instant gratification (no need to wait for approval) would encourage developers to use the service. That way it uses my storage space and bandwidth and takes advantage of the back-ups that I do on my servers, etc.

I am also considering putting together a web-based CVS or CVS-type system so that devs, if they were so inclined could create projects and use this system to manage their source, etc. That is a ways away tho and will happen as part of another non-game-related project I am working on.

On the virus side, all of my servers are protected by dynamic virus scanning so every single file is scanned as it is read or written via the server. Anything with a virus is then quarantined automtically so an infected file would not end up on the list (it is possible that a new virus could slip through but it would slip through a manual scan too so there is no advantage).

I will be talking with Crowze to see what he is working on. Since most of the community weapon devs are part of his team anyhow, his solution will probably be the most widely accepted so we can work from there.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
That would be nice. Its hell trying to find all the new maps and mutators for download and downloading off the game servers isn't too good. Hope you will include all of the old maps and mutators as well.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
I would also be good to house every single map compatible with 2.9. if that isn’t too much trouble.

if possible, betas should be left on the sever for a month or so.