What should we choose? The JSF or the Eurofighter?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«]BALLISTIC[»

A.k.a ICBM
Apr 11, 2001
Holland
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by RogueLeader
The F-15 can't come close to outflying a MiG-29 or an Su-27. However, in a dogfight between a MiG-29 and a F-15 the F-15 would probably come out the winner. But that wouldn't really be a fair assesment because the MiG-29 is more comparable to the F-16—its not an extrmely strong aircraft but its cheap so it can be mass produced. A MiG-29 has a MUCH shorter turn rate than an F-16. In a dogfight between a F-16 and a MiG-29 the Infrared search and track system on the MiG-29 amlost guaruntees success. The MiG could detect the F-16 long before the F-16 could detect it. Your analogy to the Gulf War doesn't really work out well, because the Coalition air forces used MiG-29's too, and they consistently emerged victorious just as other fighters did. The most likely reason for the Iraqi's losing so many ships is that they had a poorly trained military with low morale, which is the reason we won the ground war, too. The F-22 would definitly overpower the Fulcrum and the Flanker (the Flanker is one of the reasons the U.S. air force needs the F-22, its at least as good as current U.S. fighters, if not better), but it will cost a pretty penny compared to the MiG-29.

Agreed, don't forget we are a small country..we simply can't afford to buy a squad of F22 (correct me if i'm wrong but thought they cost +-1.000.000.000 per aircraft)
And Russian aircraft are not an option (dammit..that is a Huge mistake by our coverment..Flankers Rule!)

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
"(dammit..that is a Huge mistake by our coverment..Flankers Rule!)"

Definately, i wish the Danish Government would et their heads out of their a<b></b>rses aswell :(
We are stuck with F-16's too BTW, and a few Starfighters still see service as recon.

«]BALLISTIC[»

A.k.a ICBM
Apr 11, 2001
Holland
www.planetunreal.com
Does your country still own Starfighters Goat ****er??
Man...those jets are almost history..there place is inside a Museum for old aircraft :)

And about the Flanker..i presume you have the Flightsim:
Flanker 2.5..in my opinion one of the best Sims outhere..it even beats Falcon 4.0!

(check the pic from F 2.0)

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Yeah, i think we have 4 Starfighters still in service, they are hardly ever used though, only when theres a shortage in F-16's or it would be too expensive to rebuildt an F-16 to handle the task at hand.

And yeah, i do have the flight sim...just not that one, i have the "SU-27 Flanker" sim from 1994 ;)