President Obama does it again!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Obama had a filibuster-proof majority for a pretty long time if I recall. There was not a single thing the Republicans could have done to stop President Obama and his loyal Democrats when he first took office. How many acts/programs/laws have been passed without a single Republican vote since he was in office? He said he'd bring this country together yet I've never seen it more at odds within itself. He is destroying it from within along with his supporters.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Obama had a filibuster-proof majority for a pretty long time if I recall. There was not a single thing the Republicans could have done to stop President Obama and his loyal Democrats when he first took office. How many acts/programs/laws have been passed without a single Republican vote since he was in office? He said he'd bring this country together yet I've never seen it more at odds within itself. He is destroying it from within along with his supporters.

That's bias if I ever saw it.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
OBAMA IS DESTROYING THE COUNTRY!!!! HERMSKII SAID SO AND IS TOTALLY NOT BEING HYPERBOLIC ALL OF THE FUCKING TIME

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
it's their policy.
you can call that bind rhetoric until you're red in the face but it does little to excuse reality.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/03/01/record_use_of_the_filibuster.html

And did it occur to you that perhaps the Dems had been trying to push a lot of legislation that was rife with "goodies" the GOP thought might be the wrong direction for the country? Take a look at the effed up health care law. What a bastardized piece of legislation if I ever saw one. That reminds me of then Senator Obama and Harry Reid whining about Bush and the GOP lead Congress using reconciliation, only for those two knuckleheads to turn around and use it to get their precious health care bill passed.

Last edited:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov

Ah... the myth of the filibuster proof majority rises again.

Obama has attempted to "bring the country" together, but really, how could he when the Republicans fight him tooth-and-nail every step of the way, even when it meant fighting ideas they originated or once supported. You know, things like Cap and Trade, Individual Health Insurance Mandate, etc...

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
@Balton:
I think these 800,000 that President Obama just gave legal status to should go to Berlin and they should take every single relative who isn’t legally here with them. Then and only then your eyes will be opened Balton. While I have to respect that you have an opinion, I don’t have to respect your opinion and certainly not when you don’t walk in my shoes or in any taxpaying US citizen’s shoes.
^dumb post is dumb...

It's a fact that giving the people who're already in the US(and you can't get rid of anyways) legal status grants them the right to legally work and pay taxes. Again, how is this bad?

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Because

theytookourjobs.jpg

(no, not really, nobody wanted to do those jobs in the first place)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
When the only reason they now oppose them is because Obama supports them... then yeah, I can hold it against them. :goshen:
To be honest, I think the real reason they oppose them now is because they are unpopular among Americans. That's not to say they do it because it's the right thing to do, though. So, either way it is dumb. That being said, several of the people who proposed those ideas were horrible Congresspeople to begin with (Newt Gingrich lord almighty....). Harry Reid is no shining gem for the Democratic Party.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I think the states should make their own rules and the feds should just print money and play nice with other countries. If Texas doesn't want illegal immigrants coming through their border then that is their right. Just make sure it's the majority of people that want that and not just a crazy offshoot minority.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
When the only reason they now oppose them is because Obama supports them... then yeah, I can hold it against them. :goshen:

Hey, if warring factions mean we get inaction on stupid bills, then bring it on I say! It's fair game when Democrats block stupid Republican bills (which Democrats originally proposed) as well. :)