UE3 - UT3 Musicalgame

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mtech

Nov 24, 2009
Hi there im a student studying interactive music and have just started using the unreal engine 3. For part of a project I would like to make a game using musical patterns but im not quite sure where to start. Basically a musical pattern would be played and then the player would have to recreate the pattern by shooting certain objects assigned to one note. I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction or perhaps show me a tutorial or thread where this has already been covered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

Mtech

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
You can get an event output in kismet using takedamage assigned to a mesh you want to shoot, then when it's shot, play a sound. Then you'd need a bunch of conditional checks to see if things have been shot in the right order etc

Big Hairy Bugger

Dec 14, 2010
Yeh script to playsound when shot...like doors opening when 'used'...the trigger(s) will have to be v.small though

If you are on about creating music by shooting different meshes and continuing the sounds then loop the sound,like sampling software does..

Quantizing the lot could be interesting though. QUOTE: "you'd need a bunch of conditional checks to see if things have been shot in the right order etc" ...Jetfire

Last edited: