Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
The Dam It campaign is buggy at the start. At first it shows the stage won screen with the stats and all, then it loads, and then you start out like 100 feet in the air and fall to your death. At least that's how it happened for me. Then it starts normally. Whatever.

The prison escape campaign is better but the start is slow. The areas feel very sparse and boring until you get outside. Biggest complaint is you have to run to the top of the lighthouse to start the end rush and summon the escape, then the escape shows up as a hot air balloon way at the bottom? Now we have to run all the way back down? Its a hot air balloon! Have it come to the top of the lighthouse. Yeesh. If you have to run all the way down to the docks at least justify it by using a boat for escape not an aerial vehicle.

Did you guys catch the news? Valve has a new campaign slated to come out for L4D1.
Crash Course.

Crash Course ties together the No Mercy and Death Toll campaigns from the original release

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
DAM IT is just furstrating...

-0 safehouses

-Horde rape right at the spawn point.

-Flow is pretty bad in the interiors way too many hallways and rooms.

However, I'll say props for effort. A lot goes into making a functional L4D map.

Why does Zoey always get hit with the ugly stick in the posters?

Different artists making the posters perhaps?

Last edited:

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
You can shove the hunter when he jumps at you and that pretty much owns him. The smoker though needs everything he can get, his reload is very long and even when he hits his tongue is like a big neon sign saying "shoot here"

@the hunter: not really. The hit detection is pretty much luck, as I've seen people stop hunters while facing the wrong direction, after the hunter has hit them (they've done this to me as well). Also, my ability to stop them is totally inconsistent, sometimes my early swing will work, sometimes not. Same for late swings. Or even just right swings :D

Apr 11, 2006
@the hunter: not really. The hit detection is pretty much luck, as I've seen people stop hunters while facing the wrong direction, after the hunter has hit them (they've done this to me as well). Also, my ability to stop them is totally inconsistent, sometimes my early swing will work, sometimes not. Same for late swings. Or even just right swings :D

In my experience, swinging late is more often successful than swinging early or "on-time." It's kind of random though. Especially because Hunters have a tendency to teleport the last 25 feet or so, making it iffy to even be able to time a late hit.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
DAM IT is just furstrating...

-0 safehouses

-Horde rape right at the spawn point.

-Flow is pretty bad in the interiors way too many hallways and rooms.

However, I'll say props for effort. A lot goes into making a functional L4D map.

Different artists making the posters perhaps?

First time I played it I encountered 3 hordes, 4-5 boomers-hunters-smokers before reaching the dam. Then before we made it inside a tank comes bursting out of the walls. Busy map, that's for sure.

Tried another (beta) campaign: night terror.
First map was fun and worked well. The next one, mansion, didn't really do it for me. Besides, the bots refused picking up health packs. Same for the following maps. Whch aren't that much fun right now. The moria map (reconstructing the LOTR moria) doesn't really work either, imho.

Well, maybe the final version will be more enjoyable.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
-> Loading from the console: Well, you end up playing as Bill most of the times don't you ? Or is it more random.

I don't like Bill. Reminds me of Sarge from Quake 3. Couldn't stand that character. Especially because it showed up online quite a lot (missing skin-model, and the sigar man would show).

I guess my favourite is louis. Love the commentary he gives.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
-> Loading from the console: Well, you end up playing as Bill most of the times don't you ? Or is it more random.

I don't like Bill. Reminds me of Sarge from Quake 3. Couldn't stand that character. Especially because it showed up online quite a lot (missing skin-model, and the sigar man would show).

I guess my favourite is louis. Love the commentary he gives.

Well thats fine and dandy, you keep away from my Bill :mad:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
This "Heaven Can Wait" campain is the best yet. Far better than the stock maps, and my personal favorite now.

It's really ****ing fun and hard, on Normal.

We'll aim for the "Expert using health packs only" in a few months.

I shall agree with this. Took us nearly 2 hours to finish and the levels are quite long. If L4D2 has levels like this, especially with the custom safe room, they could have a winner for sure.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I just got done playing Heaven Can Wait. It's a brilliant map sequence, er level.
I love how the horde events are spawned by natural occurrences instead of having to activate something all the time.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Bah stupid bots.

It was me and Fullbleed, the bots die, and we manage to get past that swamp where the tank. We see the outlines of the bots and we rescue them, only to have Francis get stuck half way in the door so Luis can't get out. After trying to free the bots, we get killed after a horde swarms us.