Epilepsy forums hacked, becomes flashing website

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Yeah, I'm with not-Gundam on this one. "Nobody got hurt (that we know of)" is a pretty weak rational. Nascar crashes are an accepted risk of the sport. You don't f*cking race if you can't stomach the fact that you might get hurt.

I'm guessing people prone to epilepsy didn't sign up for it. If it's funny, fine. That's a whole 'nother problem but it's not like I can stop you from laughing. But it's funny 'cause you're a dick. I figure you'd at least have the balls to not rationalize.

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
What an absolutely sad and atrocious thing to do... there are plenty of harmful situations that may be funny, but this is most definitely not one of them. People who did this should not be allowed on the internet.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
Yeah, I'm with not-Gundam on this one. "Nobody got hurt (that we know of)" is a pretty weak rational. Nascar crashes are an accepted risk of the sport. You don't f*cking race if you can't stomach the fact that you might get hurt.

Read any of the thousand and one warnings that come with any given bit of visual technology. How often do you get popups or banner ads that are just flashing lights (to get our attention)? This was just taking that to a really obscene level. That is why people who are hardcore super-epileptic don't watch TV or browse the internet. These are the people who are just super-epileptic (but not hardcore).

I would compare this more to laughing at someone who runs their bike off the road because a dumbass in a car is flooring it.

Ofcourse, you do tend to make posts which make me believe you perceive only black and white, so the above may confuse you.

And in all honesty, I don't really give a **** about Anonymous. They are traditional hacker ****s as far as I am concerned. I just felt the need to remind people that these are the same hacker ****s they were worshiping just a few weeks ago. In all honesty, I think Scientologists are a bunch of crazy whack jobs. But sometimes it helps to view things from an external point of view. What may be funny to one point of view could be atrocious to others (hmm, I wonder if he could be hinting at something...).

But you do tend to make posts that make me believe you tend to just go for a somewhat intelligent sounding personal attack whenever you discuss something, so the above may confuse you.

Last edited:

Latent Image

Bring the rain!
Jun 3, 2001
Zer0's Anus
Read any of the thousand and one warnings that come with any given bit of visual technology. How often do you get popups or banner ads that are just flashing lights (to get our attention)? This was just taking that to a really obscene level. That is why people who are hardcore super-epileptic don't watch TV or browse the internet. These are the people who are just super-epileptic (but not hardcore).

I would compare this more to laughing at someone who runs their bike off the road because a dumbass in a car is flooring it.

The epilepsy support message board does not allow 'banners' and 'pop ups' that may trigger a reaction, that's the ****ing idea. One assumes those with Epilepsy would know what is safe for them to visit.

super-epileptic (but not hardcore)

You're 12 aren't you?

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
The epilepsy support message board does not allow 'banners' and 'pop ups' that may trigger a reaction, that's the ****ing idea. One assumes those with Epilepsy would know what is safe for them to visit.
And theoretically, everyone in a NASCAR race knows how to drive. It is still a risk. It shouldn't be this big of a risk, but it is a risk never the les.

You're 12 aren't you?
No, I just have a sense of humor. I'll try to keep it in check from now on. Wouldn't want to cheapen this internet debate by not being super-serious and making side-comments that aren't personal attacks.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Nobody got hurt, is that what the a55hole said? How about the lady who suffered a day long migraine? If you have never experienced a migraine, then you you have no clue as to what pain is. A migraine can be debilitating, especially when it lasts for days.

No, I just have a sense of humor. I'll try to keep it in check from now on. Wouldn't want to cheapen this internet debate by not being super-serious and making side-comments that aren't personal attacks.
Well, honestly, it didn't come off as humor on your part. It made you sound like an insensitive jerk. Honestly, it is difficult at times to determine whether a person joking or serious in a forum post.

Last edited:
Reading the topic title, I instantly assumed it was a recipe for comedy.

For some reason I'm not amused after reading the article. Just seemed mean and really not funny, like it would have been if it was maybe a random spam banner or something. But people hacking the site to aggressively do this stuff? C'mon. That's like saying bum fights is "funny".

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Wow, Gundato. You are the biggest dipsh*t I have ever had the displeasure of reading on any forum.

This has nothing to do with Scientology or Anon and people were physically hurt. Migraines and seizures are physical. Try looking it up some time
I don't know about biggest but he certainly is a contender for what he has written in this thread..

People like you should stop breathing.
Whilst I understand why you wrote that, you shouldn't cheapen yourself by descending to his level. Why not edit that out of your post and show him how to behave when one gets it wrong?

If he continues to breath he then has the opportunity to repent. :) Although, I expect that he will continue to bluster. Not that I will know. T2A' is correct in his advice, I should have done it ages ago.

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
That "joke" was just cruel. It's like going into an old people's home and taking away everybody's walking aids, while they were walking. Seriously.

And even if nobody was seriously hurt (depending on your definition of "seriously"), the point is that somebody could have gotten seriously hurt, because of that sick ****. I can't find that funny. At all.