Unreal early cuts: Pictures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
Heh, they were also going to release a fully supported retail version of unrealed - I remember calling EB and other places practically every week for months after Unreal's release to check if they had a release date for it :rolleyes:

Would be awesome if we could persuade them to release some of that cut content, even if it's only a few DM maps that never saw the light of day.

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
Hm good point. Nevertheless, thanks to the strategy guide we know there are some DM maps that were intended for inclusion that ultimately weren't for whatever reason, and also didn't make it into the Fusion pack (one assumes, unless their names were changed).

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Is it just me or are the Krall skins in the early cuts really kickass compared to the ones that were released?

Check these:

october1.jpg

october2.jpg

october4.jpg

october5.jpg

october6.jpg

Sweet, huh? :)

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
you're all SO owned

oldskool.jpg

last time I checked the old unreal/ut stuff had been deleted in a cleanup

Shame really :(

I had some of it on my old C: drive but lost that in a crah a few months back

Lonewolfe

Oct 25, 2001
Linden,Va
Visit site
THose Early shots are awsome ...I wish they would put those maps out it a upgrade or something like they do with the UT packs ..That would be Great the Map people here could get a hold of the cut maps and rework them a little for SP Unreal ..
any chance that those maps might become available in the near furture seems like such a waste to just leave tem some where
un used and un loved it is a shame

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
There was a (non graphic-card specific) general demo for Unreal I. I remember 'cuz you could get it for the macintosh too. Pretty sure it didn't contain any alternate material though (though I never actually had it, so...).

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
Indeed it is - and I think I now have the only legitimate copy left on the planet :)

MS-paint textures & white light aside it's actually recognizable as the Unreal engine. Wish they'd kept the early builds with the dragon & stuff.. it would have rocked to play them.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
To be honest the only old stuff I actually want to see is that spaceship map Inoxx did that got axed... unfortunately he's deleted it :(

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
What ver was the alpha at?
I searched through an sob server and found UnrealBeta209.zip
It only appears to be an early patch though just system files.

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
Yeah I have a couple of posters with that image (the tongue) on one side and the game box image on the other. One of them has been on the wall behind my desk at work for a couple of years now :)

THAiSi

Nov 3, 2001
go.to
About that red dragon...

unreal0.jpg

like you guys already said about "blinded by reality" i didn't know the info... so for newcomers to this forum (like.... ME (duh)) that didn't know the site... here it is...

Blinded by reality

Greetz, THAiSi (gathering all info that you guys already seem to know :))

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
Do you guys remeber the magic about unreal?
I mean, when you played the game there was something in it, a feeling - something illusive that I dont think even the developers had counted on. Unreal wasn't THAT much hyped, yet the screens seamed so... unreal - The impressive architecture of great old temples and crashed starships - the fearsome aliens known as the Skaarj and like... everything

I felt the same way about Halo (though Halo is quite hyped :)
Though not anymore as Halo to the PC is a year away or so