Christopher Nolan sucks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Actually, you're wrong. Batman hasn't scored a single kill in Burton movies: Joker's fatal fall was his own fault and he was beyond saving, Catwoman essentially suicided and the Penguin... well, it's not Batman's hand that took Cobblepot out, it was his own too. Essentially in Burton movies, all the antiheroes ended up in self-made deathtraps.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Damnit, that video was frustrating. I was hoping to hear some insightful interpretation of the film, but instead I got a nerdy justification of the is it a dream/is it not a dream argument for 35 minutes. Boring.
I found it interesting. He covered a lot of things that I didn't consider. Really, though, you could tell the presentation was just a pretense for his book, so I di kind of want to read it now and see what else it says.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Actually, you're wrong. Batman hasn't scored a single kill in Burton movies: Joker's fatal fall was his own fault and he was beyond saving, Catwoman essentially suicided and the Penguin... well, it's not Batman's hand that took Cobblepot out, it was his own too. Essentially in Burton movies, all the antiheroes ended up in self-made deathtraps.

He actually killed some of the gang members I beleive.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ULSvR6hhyI[/M]

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
You should get an infraction for linking to ignore link to my username.

as for rest of comments:

I don't think Nolan's take is true to the comics at all, some of it perhaps(then again you have to account to which comics really and I am not a batman comic expert either), especially the whole setup at batman begins, but he changed it a lot for the sake of realism and other stuff and that said, TDK is for me a bad movie. It's really all see through after you watch it and it's not fun again, and for me it isn't about the point either, silence of lambs i could rewatch still, but not this, it just really isn't that good and the story points are faux to me. It is all about the paranoia but I just don't feel the second time around, it just makes me bored, it really drags on too long, there was no point in that abduction scene with the plane either, that was one of the things that dragged the film down too.

If I want to watch a good dark Batman movie I rather watch Batman returns, I really do consider that the best movie, I know that Burton isn't really close to the comics as well(after all Batman in his movies actually kills, instead of the no kill rule), but it was more enjoyable after all.

You consider Returns darker than Nolans films? You are just kidding yourself. The penguins gang, The penguin riding on an arcade type batmobile, Shrecks face after being burnt. It was freaking comedy to me. It still retained Burtons dark feel, but it was no where near the seriousness of his first movie, nor is it anywhere close to Nolan's. I re-watched it a few months back and still loved it, but I was amazed at how corny some of it was.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
You consider Returns darker than Nolans films? You are just kidding yourself. The penguins gang, The penguin riding on an arcade type batmobile, Shrecks face after being burnt. It was freaking comedy to me. It still retained Burtons dark feel, but it was no where near the seriousness of his first movie, nor is it anywhere close to Nolan's. I re-watched it a few months back and still loved it, but I was amazed at how corny some of it was.
leotck's brain doesn't work properly

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Excuse me, Haarg, but aren't you a member of the forum staff? Such insulting comments about other users you may keep to yourself as they sound wrong even in the mouth of a regular user, but when a staff member speaks such things, this is an outrage. Change your ways or I'll inform the administrators.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Excuse me, Haarg, but aren't you a member of the forum staff? Such insulting comments about other users you may keep to yourself as they sound wrong even in the mouth of a regular user, but when a staff member speaks such things, this is an outrage. Change your ways or I'll inform the administrators.

He is an administrator. So, I guess you can tell him again.

[edit] I forgot the lol.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

The laughter that I have been expelling from my noise maker has become too much. Hold on let me get ahold of my self.............BHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Cristopher Nolan movies are freaking great. All of them.

I saw Memento earlier this year and it has a similar "what the fuck" thing going on.

His Batman movies are easily on par with Tim Burton's first Batman film, perhaps even surpassing it (stylistically it's a subjective draw).

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006

I don't consider it darker, but I consider it more enjoyable, yet the story points are darker imo than the first Burton's Batman.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
http://www.thedarkknightsucks.com/
http://stevechallis.com/2008/nov/28/null-key-encryption/
http://www.thedarkknightsucks.com/2008/08/04/youll-never-see-this-pair-together/
http://therawness.com/why-i-hated-the-dark-knight/ - this is good article really, sums up a lot of my thoughts

Anyway another weak point of Dark Knight is the music, it is the same old boring theme over again, there is nothing redeeming about it all.

Also...that trailer completely sucks, for dark knight rises, it will suck much much more than TDK did. I can see that he got his head too full with the inception crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.