UE3 - UDK Dllbind not working on 64 bit UDK release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheCycle

Apr 5, 2014
Hi. I made several test with dll examples available for downloading in udn official page:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DLLBind.html

I tried with the one that comes with a DLL compiled and I can't get it work with my 64 bit UDK Release(One of the last releases). I tried to run UDK.exe make -full from both folders, win32 and win64, but i get a Warning message indicating that bind could not be done (from one folder i get it at compiling time, and from the other it is registered on log file).

I've also tried to compile a 64 bit dll from Visual C++ 2010 Express. And the result is the same. Is Actually UDK supporting 64 bits dll? Anyway there's must be some bug with latest 64 releases, since i cannot bind a 32 bit dll though...

Any clue?

Thanks

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Quoting your link:
Limitations
  • Only Unicode (UTF-16) strings are supported. Compile your DLL with Unicode enabled.
  • As only the 32-bit version of UDK is currently available, only 32-bit DLLs are supported. At such time as a 64-bit version of UDK is available, 64-bit DLLs will be supported.
  • DLLs can only be loaded from Binaries\Win32\UserCode.
  • Under Win32, only stdcall is supported. (See this link for information about calling conventions).
I'd say it's a bit outdated, as obviously UDK comes with a 64bit version by now. However, over in the Epic Games UDK forum I often see people asking for 64bit DLLbind, which still doesn't seem to work as expected.

Where did you put your DLL file?

TheCycle

Apr 5, 2014
Yes, I supposed that the problem with official page dll might be that is outdated... I tried everything. Putting dll on win32/userCode and win64 folders, launching udk.exe make -full from both win 32 and 64 folders. Made all combinations :)

I read on the official page that 64 bits dll were not supported, but i thought that documentation was also outdated...

So at the moment only works launching udk.exe from win32 folder and binding 32 bits dll, isn't it? Knowing this fact i may enclose the problem...