High pings n low fps problem...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Curiousity_

56k whipping boy:property of {Vld}
Oct 20, 2000
Ohio
vld.clanpages.com
Ugh more problems, first off im not sure what happened! I didnt install anything new, didnt change any configuration on my system. I run the game in MeTaL an can play for 2 hours with no lockups. Was averaging between 32-40 fps with the usual 200-600 pings for 56k. Now all of a sudden i log on to play an all servers are being pinged from 2000-5000. I mean every single one of em! I refresh a couple time but to no luck. Now when i get into the game my ping is fine its just outside of a game. But i have a server on my favorites that has 20 peep limit an when i enter this server an its almost full i get terrible lag. On this server id get the usual 56k lag but every 10 seconds my ping shoots up to 5000 or so. Im also experiancing disconnects that have been happening for a while, my incoming packets go to 0 then will shoot up to like 5000+ sometimes ill then get a 1600% packet loss an get disconnected. Somtimes i wont get packet loss tho. Ok my other prob is my framerates are down to 19-23 fps. I cant figure this out. Even offline ill only get 30 fps, its a 20 fps drop out of knowhere. the only thing ive done on my pc is defrag my hard drive. Well this really sux an im hoping someone can help, thxs in advance.

P-3 600e
128mb sdram pc 100
10.2g hd
real 3com modem
win 98se
sounblaster 16
diamond stealth3 540 agp
*all latest drivers, directx7, new bios, anything else needed let me know*

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
Have you tried DirectX 8?

That cleared up most of my problems with video... and I got a little bit better pings to boot... but that's just because my system is the hellspawn of satan. Everything detects my processor at 666 Mhz... not 667...

_Curiousity_

56k whipping boy:property of {Vld}
Oct 20, 2000
Ohio
vld.clanpages.com
Wow really??? Have u tried to update your mobo with a new bios update? I heard there was a prob somewhere about a mobo not detecting processors at the right speed. Directx8? im kinda scared of getting it, i heard awhile ago alot of problems an reformatting aint an option for me anymore cause i broke my windows 98 cd :( Im not sure this is due to directx cause this just started yesterday but ill give it a try thxs....anymore help is appreciated :D