UE3 - UT3 Thorsell's WIP // The making of a machinima

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thorsell

Jul 17, 2008
Hello there people, I've had an idea for a short machinima movie for a while, and now, after some research, I've come to the conclusion that the Unreal Engine 3 will probably be the most suitable engine to use. I have some experience working with previous versions of UnrealEd, though nothing serious.

The basic plot/story is planned to take place on an "enemy base" (theme not yet decided), where the main character will sneak in, rig a bomb/sabotage/steal something, run away and being shot at and then, for the grand finale, jump off a cliff onto a flying vessel (type not yet decided) while the base explodes behind him/her. Anything here will probably be changed later on, I'll still try to keep it fairly simple due to my inexperience.
The main focus will be put on camera angles, effects and sound production, with the goal to make it as cinematic as possible. Also, animation will play a big part, as I will probably need a lot of custom movements for the main character.
The finished movie will not be very long, probably somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute, like a small cutscene.

This thread will serve as a window out to you guys, with screenshots and update news when something happens, and also as a source of inspiration and help (I'm gonna need a lot of help here).

With that said, feel free to comment and give me feedback about what you think sounds good/bad, any technical issues that might come up, scenery suggestions, etc. Plot and story ideas are also welcome.

Peace out,
Thorsell