UT2004-Models-SkaarjHybrid by MacTom27 and the_rex aka Daloonie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you girls and guys think about the Skaarj Hybrid ?!?

• Total voters

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
skaarjhybridsls2.jpg

Name: Skaarj Hybrids
System Requirements: UT2004 and the newest version
Author: Master MacTom27 and Daloonie aka the_rex
Download: Skaarj Hybrids

Screenshot:

pic2_id607.jpg

Model:
Male and Female Skaarj Hybrid
Animations: own and new animations
Voice: own voices
Support: single player and multi player
Team Colours: 2 colours (blue and red),4 CTF,4 DM/TDM
Known Issues: /
Additional Info:
- available in single player
- not as team member in single player available,only by anomalies
- Awesome portraits[/U]
- installation = manual
- new Species Statistics
- over 13 characters
- own karma file

Similar Works: Xeltan ShinRyuu LiandriBots Bonus Skaarj
Bleeding Onyx
Cyberskaarj
SkaarjPack
Arctic Skaarjs
Programms used:
3DS MAX 7, ActorX, Photoshop CS, Illustrator, Kat, Audacity,UT2k4 Voice Packager and Unrealed

Polygons:

Male Skaarj Hybrid (Model): 4094
Male Skeleton: 2439
Female Skaarj Hybrid: (Model): 5101
Female Skeleton: 2426

WIP Thread: Skaarj Hybrids

headingcr9.jpg

As many of you know that MacTom27 is a very good modeller and skinner,his skillz are very impressive and together with other great people like Daloonie or Slaughter,then their work become a marvellous result.You know the last teamwork was by MacTom27 and Slaughter,they made the legendary Xeltan (finally),however before Xeltan was out,Daloonie and Mac made the Skaarj Hybrids,an awesome model pack with totally new ideas and possibilities of gaming.This pack is very incredible,because it has very many features,the thread about this work was started before I joined BUF,because this I really enjoyed it to see the progress of the model pack still at the beginning and the result of this pack is just godlike,sure it took some time till this pack was finished,but everything needs time to be perfect at the end and the same was with this pack.Look around at SkinCity,there aren’t many packs like this,sure everybody has different possibilities to make a skin or model (don’t understand me wrong folks,please),I don’t wanna attack anyone with this.As I said before that this pack is just godlike,because there are so many new features and own stuff included like never before,as you can see that this pack contains many different looking characters and everyone is something special.This pack contains own Karma and Voice files for the characters,a new Species files and many more,I don’t wanna say more,download the pack,check it out and play with them.I hope you’ll have fun at reading my review about the Skaarj Hybrids.

Now here we go,let’s start with the models,this time Mac had made 2 different models with 2 own different skeletons,which is really cool,because many many people use the standard skeletons of the game for their models,that’s not the point.Let’s start with the male or female model,I say Ladies first,so here are them.The model of the female Skaarj Hybrids is a totally new design,this design was never used before,it is the first time that we see such a model.However,don’t let us talk only about the design of the model,what about the model body,well this is nice to see,Mac made a very nice/sexy body for the female Skaarj Hybrids,their legs are looking good,similar like of some women,their hip match exactly to the body,the upper body is well done,not too thin or fat,good size,the arms doesn’t look like matches,I say that,because some people will think their arms are matches at the first time,but also they’re good made and the head of them is the part of the body which contains the most number of polygons (wireframe mode),perhaps the head looks like of a snake,but it is cool,the hairs are tentacles,yeah really it looks similar like this.The skeleton of them looks like a real skeleton for them,dead,old and fragile.The female model has a polycount of 5101 and the skeleton has 2426,a good number of polygons for UT20004 model.The bounds of both model are somehow far away from the body,I don’t know the reason for this,could someone help me,hehe,anyway the influences are looking clear and good and last,but not least the wireframe mode of both looks clear,good,there aren’t any geometry/meshes holes/errors.The male Skaarj Hybrid model is totally different to the female Skaarj Hybrid model,the female model looks like that the women are fast and small and the male are big and strong,like in many civilizations,but sometimes it can be different.Let’s start with it,the male model as I said before looks big and strong,the foots are looking like them of a Taurus and then the legs are full of muscles like the upper body and the arms too,these guys are muscle packets.The head is looking good to the body,their neck is full with muscles and their head too,however like I said before,they are muscle packets.The skeleton model of the male looks similar like that of the female,not really visible differences,perhaps the size,but more I can’t recognize.The polygon count is for the model 4094 and for the skeleton 2439,at this point,a nice number for a model.The bounds and influences of the model looks clear and good,no errors visible and in the wireframe mode there aren’t any holes or errors visible,everything looks quite good and amazing.All model are very well designed,they looking massive or strong,fast and unstoppable or in other words,just incredible.

So,what is the next stuff,ah yeah the own voices of the models,the models are using two different voices,the female is called the FemaleSKHvoice and for the male it is the ChrekVoicepack which was made by SPA.Both voices are good to hear and they sound good,the female sounds mysterious and somehow quite,but still cool.The voice contains 3 acks,10 orders,2 friendly fire,2 names,25 taunts and 18 other sounds,sometimes you don’t hear nothing from the voice,because some things aren’t supported or included.The female voice was originally made by SPA,but Mac modified the voice a little bit to get more perfection,hehe.The male voice is called ChrekVoicepack,these voice was made by SPA and the original voice is using from the male models.This voice contains 3 acks,2 friendly fire,2 names,10 orders,26 taunts and 20 other things and everything sounds good,but this voice has sometimes the problem that some things can’t to be say,too.However all in one are both voices very cool,but somehow reminds me the Chrek voice to the voice of the UT Skaarj,it sounds very similar and I really liked this voice.

Okidoki folks now let’s talk about the new and own created skillz / abilities of the Skaarj Hybrids,I start with the ladies,the female Skaarj Hybrids have 25% faster movment (I guess) and they jump farer and higher and the last thing is that they have 50% damage reduction,that means take realize only the half damage of all weapons,but no vehicle,I guess none of us would be happy to fire with a Goliath on one of them when this one is respawning and he isn’t fragged,but it is just for fun.This abilities are very useful in Onslaught to move your ass fast over the map when you don’t have a vehicle to drive and the higher jumping is good to jump over objects better or incoming vehicles (sometimes).The differences from the women to the men are,that the men are slower in movement and their jumping isn’t high like the women’s their,somehow that is normal,because look at the body sizes of them,the men are big and strong and the women are small and fast,I think these comditions are correct,I guess some people think that is Unreal,there you can make unrealistic things,but hey somehow there should be some realistic things,because look at the next UT,there you get your answer, definitely.

The texture desgin of the Skaarj Hybrid is very varied,because 13 characters are contained in the pack,so you have a big choice which character do you use or like,it is just up to you.

BloodStorm/Cyclon: These two guys are very nice designedl,the textures of them are looking like they would be full of muscles,a cybernetic muscle monsters,<-LOL,somehow the textures are reminding me to the black site of Spiderman (comic version),because I had a toy of this guy and he looked similar like these two,but this style of texture is something other and it looks cool.However,the textures aren’t very bright,it is more dark,because this it might he possible that you don’t really recognize them very good,but one condition is the light of the map,if you play on a bright map,then you can frag them normally,but on a dark map,well then you gonna have a problem with them.There are just 2 differences between them,BloodStorm has eyes,Cyclon has a visor,Cyclon has no shoulder shields,BloodStorm has it.Anyway good luck at fraggin them.

Vorath/Karator: I think these two guys are interesting designed,like a royal warrior of any empire or something like that,because their golden armor and mask give you the impression and I really like that.However Karator like a royal warrior,because his golden shields and mask,but Vorath looks like someone who is getting older,because he suit doesn’t look very new,but don’t believe your eyes.Anyway both of them have nice details on their different designed shields and different lightning conditions,because Karator is very good visible on all maps,because his bright suit and Vorath is a little bit darker,but he is still good vsibile.Both have the same difference like BloodStorm and Cyclon,Karator has shoulder shields and a mask,but Vorath has no shoulder shields and he has eyes (no mask).

Pharaoh: This young guy is very nice desgined,Mac wanted to make him much darker,but then he got the idea by the_rex to make him much brighter and this is the result of him now.Pharaoh has lots of many nice things on his suit,like the metal details on his shields and his armor which I really like.In my opinion,Pharaoh looks like a real warrior guy,his great designed armor and his body,yep warrior extreme.

Baeltaar/Xyraan: Both were made by Daloonie aka the_rex as additional skins for this pack to see not only Mac’s skillz,to see Daloonie’s skillz on this model,too.During the progress of them,people said that both would look like the guys of Gears Of War,but I don’t think so,I think the idea is similar,but the design is totally different.The armors are looking very cool and have nice details,the shader effect on their stomach is nice and I like the idea with the design of Baeltaar eyebrows,that is very nice done,that reminds me to something of Unreal,but I don’t know it exactly.Anyway both have cool a armor shields like the other male Skaarj Hybrids with nice details and great design.The only difference between them is just only face :)Donce again:D),Baeltaar has his normal face without mask and Xyraan has mask.

Yedellrin/Ortanthia: 2 very nice designed Skaarj Hybrid ladies,Yedellrin looks like a queen,because her fascinating mask and suit,she could be really a queen,but somehow her mask reminds me to one the Bionicle mask too,yeah really I have many stuff of these things and one mask looks similar,really.Yedellrin’s suit and mask have some details which look realistic,damage on her mask and suit (shoes and armor).Ortanthia has no mask,but her suit looks like that of a witch or something like that,but it is cool,however both have a skin which looks like that of a snake,yeah that’s cool and Orthanthia looks much more like a snake,because her face,but I guess if I could see the of Yedellrin,then she looks similar like Orthanthia.

G-Viper/DarkHeart: That are the cybernetic ladies of the Skaarj Hybrids,both have a metal design of the normal typically details on the metal / entire body.I don’t wanna that you guys understand ‘typical’ as I would say that this doesn’t looks good,nono I really like it.Mainly,both look very similar,only the brightness / darkness of them is a little bit different,but the other things are the same,ok some very small things are different and for sure their head is different made,but both look good.You gonna have a little problem if you wanna play against them,because they’re dark,not bright,so be sure on which map do you wanan play with them or you get your ass kicked.

Reaven/Ysarell: These two are the last ladies of the Skaarj Hybrids.Ysarell reminds me to a school girl,because somehow she makes the impression to me that she would be shy and unexperienced,but that will be changed in the arena,however the design of her body is good, the cool tattoos on her legs and the suit looks good,nice colur mix.Reaven looks like someone of the Power Rangers (just a little bit),not that is crap,I watched that stuff when I was younger.however she looks very nice and she’s good visible on all maps.

All Skaarj Hybrids uses the texture sizes 1024x1024,512x512,256x512,but the skins by the_rex uses for the portrait a size of 512x1024,that’s not exactly the right,because in the game the portrait doesn’t show up exactly,but that’s not a terrible problem,nobody is prefect brotha(s) an sister(s).I really like it to play 4 Team modes,that makes really much fun,so that packs contains only characters with 4 Team support and everyone’s different colours are looking very good,not too bright or dark,just great.All characters have many very awesome details on their body,suit,armor,shields and face and everyone is something special and the textures have a marvellous quality,oh well the skins were made by 2 masters,could you expect something other than this,I guess not,both give always their best to show their great work.

The Good:

- available in single player
- marvellous portraits
- incredible design
- 4 team colours
- cool species abilities
- own karma
- textures awesome quality
- own voice
- own bios
- own animations
- over 10 own created and different looking characters

The Bad:

- just the little problem with the_rex’s portraits of his skins

The Bottom Line:

In my opinion,this is one of the bettest work for UT2004,this pack contains many different and great looking characters and as I sad before,everyone is something special.The moldes/skins have very nice bios and textures and to make such a model pack is just a marvellous idea,in my opinion.I’m really a Skaarj Lover,so I really love the Skaarj Hybrids,a mix of Skaarj and human,that is just great and the creation of this idea is just great,too.What you wanna say more,whatever….this pack is incredible made and I love it,I think it should have a proud place in every skin/model collection of UT2004,so folks go on and download it.I needn’t to say much,I give them a 10/10,because I love them and they are just great.Godlike Job MacTom27,like always.

As many of you know,the UT3 demo is some weeks out and many people are playing,however Mac showed us many of his models for UT3 and he wanna let reborn his Skaarj Hybrids in UT3 again.I think this is a great idea,the UT2004 version is awesome,so I think the UT3 will be more than godlike,the pics we have seen are just impressive,they are looking very realistic and cool,many of his UT2004 Skaarj Hybrids looked realistic,but the UT3 will be gonna be a bomb.We can expect a unbelieveable wave which goes through the Unreal community when UT3 is out and another wave will come when MacTom27 will release his great work and of course the other guys’s work,too.I think the next year will be a incrediblly year in the Unreal World.

Last edited:

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Here are some pics of them and their wallys.:D

Run Bitch!

Say hello to papa!

It’s headshot time,sucker!

Taste my rocket whore!

You will die and your soul will be mine!

C’mon mother****er!

Sweet dreams damned souls!

Now this is what I call a gun!

Seyiji

Explosion Marks!
Oct 14, 2004
PA
Whats the deal with the retarded poll options?

The top 3 could be lumped together into one as they essentially mean the same damn thing! Number 4 and 5 could be lumped together as well and as for the last WTF!

You want decent (not to mention simple) poll options how about...

[] Good Job! :clap:
[] Meh. :con:
[] It Sucks! :shake:

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Thanx for the Reviews Anubis . All added .:)
Thank you very much SaD and you're welcome,it was a pleasure for me to bring them back again.:D
Whats the deal with the retarded poll options?

The top 3 could be lumped together into one as they essentially mean the same damn thing! Number 4 and 5 could be lumped together as well and as for the last WTF!

You want decent (not to mention simple) poll options how about...

[] Good Job! :clap:
[] Meh. :con:
[] It Sucks! :shake:
I know what you are talking about,but I think it is just a matter of taste,you know,some people would have the same opinion like you or not.I prefer it to more to offer more poll options.:)

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2068876 said:
I know what you are talking about,but I think it is just a matter of taste,you know,some people would have the same opinion like you or not.I prefer it to more to offer more poll options.:)

More poll options are good Anubis when it makes sense , but Seyiji is right ,
three options telling the same are really useless .
I love them! Awesome models! Great stuff! are the same for me .

Morpheus300

7ry 7urning 7he Safe7y OFF!
Mar 15, 2009
I downloaded them yesterday! I love them! I don't have any other words to describe how Awesome they are!