Section 8: Prejudice: Users Decide When To Unlock New Game Mode

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Section 8: Prejudice, heir to the 2009 prequel, has been doing some very unorthodox things, from its launch trailers, to its pricing. With the PC launch tomorrow (And if you hurry, you can still get it for $13.50 - it's the 14th best-selling game on Steam right now), they've announced not only the first addon game mode besides its built-in two, Conquest and Swarm - they've announced that the community decides when it will be unlocked.

Now seems like a good time to make the year's biggest and best $15 shooter even bigger and better. After an incredibly successful launch on Xbox Live Arcade that exceeded the company's expectations, and shortly ahead of the game's May 4 debut on PC, TimeGate Studios is enlisting the aid of gamers around the world to unlock the frenetic, team-based Assault game mode. A kill counter has been launched at http://warisprejudice.com; when the counter reaches 10 million kills - that's online, in-game kills - TimeGate will unlock the new mode for both XBLA and PC versions of the acclaimed downloadable shooter.

"We've been absolutely blown away by the response to Section 8: Prejudice, and we're very thankful to everyone who picked up the game," said Adel Chaveleh, CEO of TimeGate Studios. "But we're not done yet! When we announced Prejudice, we said we were committed to long-term support of the game, and this is just the beginning. Assault is a really fun, fast-paced game mode, and we can't wait to get it into players' hands. Given the success of the XBLA launch, we thought this would be a great chance to get the community involved and give everyone a chance to unlock Assault early!"

I know I'll be putting in my fair share! And of course, look for a review of the full PC version of the game very soon.

UPDATE: (10:05 PM Eastern) This game mode will be free for all users.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I like how they felt like they needed to clarify that "kills" meant in-game kills.

... as opposed to what??

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I like how they felt like they needed to clarify that "kills" meant in-game kills.

... as opposed to what??
Botkills, offline matches, etc
That's not unorthodox, they're just copying Battlefield.
They must be because everyone knows that team actions(such as repairs, revives, resupplies) are the exact same as killing the enemy!
It's also the same to combine the actions of 2 seperate systems to ensure both get a prize instead of making 3 seperate systems compete to see who gets it first then wimps out and just hands it to the other 2

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
Now just imagine how many they'd sell if it didn't have GFWL.

But I might have to pick this up. Sounds like they've done a pretty good job, and you can't argue with the price.