Official BeyondUnreal Folding@Home Team

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Got some extra CPU cycles to spare? Own a Playstation 3? Maybe a x1900 series ati card? Why not join Team BeyondUnreal Folding@Home and score some points for a good cause.

Want to learn about Folding@Home? Check out the Standford site here:
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Main

Want to join? Download the appropriate client from here:
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

Our team is number 98618, and our official team page is located here:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=98618

We're a new team, so if scoring rank is your thing this is the team for you. YOU could be #1.

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
Todays folding tip is brought to you by Vista, operating system from hell. When you select "run as admin" for f@h make sure to reconfigure your client. Ohterwise you will be on Team 0, instead of BU....

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Damn it. I just uninstalled f@h a few weeks ago since I was getting tired of having to restart it when it crashes on my PC (some wonky crap with certain video cards and driver combinations... I looked into this and there wasn't anything I could do). They have a new client in development and if that doesn't crash as often I'll join up.

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
PSA: There was a PS3 Folding client update to solve the upload problem some of us were having.

*edit*
BTW - Buddyleeth is one folding mofo. I'm going to try and catch you, but I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
^ Dear God! something is wrong there. Have you noticed any extension cords leading from your house to a nearby welding shop ? :D

lol. I live in an apartment.

January was quite the cold month for us here. Which means heater is on. Also, apparently Texas (atleast this part) has high priced power. I never understood this becuase there are SO MANY oil rigs and natural gas rigs poping up every where. It only takes about 2 weeks to build one and another one week to get it going and piped into the main conduit. And you figure there are at least 10 going on in my area at any given time.

So why our electric bill's are so high over here is beyond me.

Could be worse though. A guy at work, his heater blower fan thing had a hole in the line or something. His January bill was $600. On top of paying $2500 to fix the blasted thing.

Then, the shop I work at, our electric bill was over $1000. And it's a small shop of only 12 office people.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
It's impressive how they always have stuff that needs to be calculated. I'm joining :)

edit: Got it running! Guess I'll just let it do it's thing, while I finish some of my homework.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I think the 31 days is the deadline, not the ETA.

It took my 2GHz dual core laptop about 7 hours to calculate 240/1500, so saying it will take 31 days is a rather rough ETA :p