i need help with files.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr.Wigglez

Wiggle With Me!
Jul 14, 2004
sad i think u might be able to help me with this but if anyone else can plz do. ok this is the whole set here, i have my friends comp at my house with my ut on it(which i removed for he is taking his com back) and i have my own comp with my other ut on it, i am goin to put the ut that was on my friends comp on my other comp(which is my dads, for when sum of my friends come over and wanna play.) but i wanna put all the files that are on my comp on his so i dont have to spend hours or even days trying to find the exact same maps/skins/models/mods/etc. that are on mine.

so if any1 out there can help me get the files on my comp on his also it would be greatly appreciated.

Wigglez.

Nalid

Hater of the "ur" o_O
Apr 8, 2004
Well.. its a little too late, but owning a large LAN myself.. and having had to do many wipes in the past.... I know one solution to use in the future. I have a folder Called "UT Modifications" And in that folder, are more folders named "UT" "Ut2003" and "UT2004"...

And...

In each of those folders are folders with these names.. "Updates and Patches" "Models" "Skins" "Mutators" and "Mods"

And every time I get a new skin, model, or whatever.. I upload it, and then stick the file in its proper place in that file library. That way, when I wipe a computer, I just port over that one file, and start uppacking at my leisure... either the whole thing or just what I know I'll need or want on the fly.

Like I said, its too late now, but its a huuuuuugggeeee help in the future and longrun. If you want to be even more specific/anal rename files you place in your folder with number/date tags on the end of them, that way you know what is new and whats old.. because the computer will automaticly re-sort the file by name/number when you port it over. That way, if you only needed the five or so new skins you got last month, you can pull them right out instead of trying for two hours to figure out which is which by the vauge names skinners and modelers often place on thier files.

~Fin~

^_^ Hope that helps... UT Compiling 1.01

Lei Hng Wei

The magnificent!
Jun 26, 2004
Yup, got my d/l files backed up on a seperate HD in a similiar system. I even have them coloured coded for worth keeping, testing new d/l, maps and wink wink nudge nudge.

Sure people may make fun of us, but they'll be the ones pulling out their hair when their system dies and have to d/l a gig all over again. :D

Nalid

Hater of the "ur" o_O
Apr 8, 2004
Damn spiffy.. and I like the wink wink nudge nudge bit... I love that skit.

Know-wot-oi-mean?

Eh?

Heheh