Major UT3 Update Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
We've decided that the best way to deliver the UT3 expansion we've been hinting about is in two parts. This patch is the first part. We aren’t quite ready yet to start going into detail about the bonus content and gametypes that will be in the Titan Pack, which is substantially bigger than any bonus pack we've released in the past.

This implies that this could be more of a bonus pack for those who've purchased the game, and could also be the foundation of a repackaged UT3 (all the fixes and bonus content) ala UT: GOTY edition?

Either way, this is pretty cool.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
few points that jumped out at me

Increased Goliath health - Why on earth would they do that? o_O
Improved gamepad support on PC - thank god for that! :rolleyes: :D
Weapon throwing always enabled - didn't they this classe this as a cheat? :eek:
Spidermines work properly in deathmatch - spider mines in deathmatch eh?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
This implies that this could be more of a bonus pack for those who've purchased the game, and could also be the foundation of a repackaged UT3 (all the fixes and bonus content) ala UT: GOTY edition

Sounds like it to me. Would be completely inline with UT: GOTY and UT2004: ECE. Isn't the MSUC wrapping soon too?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
However, the enhanced UI in this patch is still recognizably based on the existing UT3 UI.

Awww... :(
Think it is possible to remove the background level from the main menu UI though?
I know the character customization use the same level, but that's not something you get to everyday.

Think it could be possible to add a bot customization page somewhat similar to at least UT2004?

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Nice to see the improvements to the UI, even though it grew on me the more I used it. Hopefully this means they will get some proper mouse support in there instead of the crummy slider bar. You know as much flak Epic has taken over the last year over this game, this proves that they do listen to the complaints. Who knows if it is too late now to bring more players in, but if this is only half of what is going to be fixed/or improved, yeesh count me in as a returning player.

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
TITAN PACK = EPIC WIN

When i woke up today in the morning i was flashed by a warm light of hope when i open the mozilla browser and i saw the good news :eek: ...i hope this dream make come true...TEARS from my eyes :eek2:

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
Very impressive, if this is just a small part of what is to come I will sure give this game another try :2thumb:

U

Unregistered

EPIC = Doing the right thing

People saying the game had only 1 or 2 minor things missing = wrong.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I'm going to use the Goliath more than never when I'll be getting this patch.

This is brilliant.

hi-ban

"Building Better Worlds"
Nov 1, 2005
LV-426
Expansion....Titan Pack....hmmmm.....
thump_508207homer-babeando.gif

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
The goliath barely lasts 30 seconds of combat as of now.

Indeed, the tank is nearly worthless if the opposing team as much as sneezes it's way.

Also, for those of you who are asking about STEAM support re: achievements.

If you use the "add steam game" menu in your steam window, and enter your boxed game's CD key, assuming the game can be bought ON steam, the game will be added to your steam account much like any other steam-bought game.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Indeed, the tank is nearly worthless if the opposing team as much as sneezes it's way.

Also, for those of you who are asking about STEAM support re: achievements.

If you use the "add steam game" menu in your steam window, and enter your boxed game's CD key, assuming the game can be bought ON steam, the game will be added to your steam account much like any other steam-bought game.

Awesome... hopefully with the BU steam group it will be really easy to join into UT 3 games just by browsing the friends list on steam.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Increased Goliath health - Why on earth would they do that? o_O
I'm pretty good in it, but for a lot of people that thing is a deathtrap.

To be honest, I would've liked to see the range on the cannon increased as opposed to the health, but hey, I'll have to worry less about Scorpions and Vipers slamming into me, now. :p

Last edited: