Please help me

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fustrun

Artist
Oct 30, 2002
Visit site
Hi.

Im new to Uscript i know some basics but its still no Use i DESPERATLY want help . . .

And i found out that UT2k3 and normal UT are using some other coding technique and every where I went nobody would help and it seems that this is the Final place where i can look for help its a major S.O.S

Pls somebody walk me through this and yes i did read tutorials but they only explain how to chane things at an existing code and i want to write a whole new one from scratch PLS help . . . .

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
The best way to learn to write new UScript from scratch is to start small and change things in existing code.... Its also the fastest way to learn. It's how the grand majority of all coders I know have learned.

Fustrun

Artist
Oct 30, 2002
Visit site
But i still dont get it . . . .

I just want somebody to show me how to do it and i dont know even where to start . . .

I tried reading the tutorials can someone PLS spear some free time to help a CODER WANNABE fanatic ??

PLS im desperate . . . .

Fustrun

Artist
Oct 30, 2002
Visit site
Well what i wanted is to make a dimple realistic weapon in this case its the Mac10 U C i am a skinner/modeler and i want to make a MAC10 and the bigger picture is that i want to make bullet time on it possible to modify the Monkey Matrix code or make my own mutator or just make the mac 10 shot bullet projectiles and when the monkey matrix will be activated or whatever the projectiles will be slowed down . . .

The MAC10 model & skin allready made . . .

S.O.S

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
For a start you could take a look at this, it's a pair of 9mm SMG's EvilEngine ripped from Devastation. Pretty much what you want to archive I think, swapping the models shouldn't be too big a problem.

http://www.ut2003files.com/file.info?ID=15457

Of course, to be compatible with Matrix Moves you'd have to take a look at the modifications they did to the Assault Rifle and Minigun, and then apply the same to your new weapon.

Fustrun

Artist
Oct 30, 2002
Visit site
But U see im new to Coding and dont know JACK about writing them even where to start . . .

So what i want to say is that i dont know even when to start . . . .
And i would really like for any of you nice coders Could on your free time to help me go step by step just explaining the basics . . .

PLS ! S.o.S

Fustrun

Artist
Oct 30, 2002
Visit site
I want somebody to help me . .

Guide me and thats all try to teach me . ..

Where did you all started at first ?
I mean how did U all learn ?

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I leanred by looking at the source code and a few tutorials.... I started small with just a few basic changes in the default properties of a gun, such as the projectile. Then I slowly started getting more adventurous, making changes in functions, and eventually even adding new ones... Sure I had people to occasionally ask specific questions when I had them (like we can do for you), but I didn't have anyone holding my hand walking me through it step by step.... And I got started on my own.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Kangus said:
I leanred by looking at the source code and a few tutorials.... I started small with just a few basic changes in the default properties of a gun, such as the projectile. Then I slowly started getting more adventurous, making changes in functions, and eventually even adding new ones... Sure I had people to occasionally ask specific questions when I had them (like we can do for you), but I didn't have anyone holding my hand walking me through it step by step.... And I got started on my own.
Ditto.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
I altered practically every game I ever owned that allowed it, even coded a handful myself in QBasic. I guess I spent twice the time engineering than playing, all in all. There's always some small flaw that makes me say "if they only just had not..." and I'm hooked. :D Started serious mod making somewhere between Tiberian Dawn and Neverwinter Nights. The process of learning has been the same every time though: read a tutorial on how to extract the source code from- and to bring bring your own code into the game. Download the most simplistic modification you can find as a base to alter it. Start fooling around with the preferences. Recompile. Try if it works. If it does, try something more complicated. Look for a mod that does something similar to the thing you want to archive. Look a the source to find out how it's done. Copy. Paste. Alter. Recompile. Try. Bugfix. Try again. After about a week you get a hang of it, know the basic commands and can start doing your own work.