UT3 Assault

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Hi Cowlike

I have two questions/feedback about assault mapping.

1- In UnrealKismet, to set a FortStandard target, I can't do it. I put the Action "Set FortStandard Target" but I can't link the "Destroyable Fort" with his object (see the image). What i'm doing bad? :(
I was analizing the map Guardio in your package, but here it's different: The Set FortStandard Target action has FortStandard and Target, but in my PC it has Destroyable Fort and Target :mad:

2- The flack cannon causes extremely damage to destroyable forts. I think it's a bug. For example, in guardio, you can destroy the DF with two flack hits :eek:

Bye :D

Cowlike

Feb 21, 2008
1- In UnrealKismet, to set a FortStandard target, I can't do it. I put the Action "Set FortStandard Target" but I can't link the "Destroyable Fort" with his object (see the image). What i'm doing bad?
I was analizing the map Guardio in your package, but here it's different: The Set FortStandard Target action has FortStandard and Target, but in my PC it has Destroyable Fort and Target

Sorry, I made a silly error which broke this action (and another). I hadn't noticed because the maps keep their version of the kismet things, so they still work and it's also why you saw differences. I will have to post a new version of the mod.

2- The flack cannon causes extremely damage to destroyable forts. I think it's a bug. For example, in guardio, you can destroy the DF with two flack hits

flak primary does 190 dmg on direct hit. its the most effective weapon to take stuff down quick.

I tried a bit and the log showed me 126 damage per shard with flak primary upclose, enough to kill the tank in one hit as it's 500 health in my case.
I guess there's a problem if it's supposed to do 190.
Shock balls gave me 44 which is ok, so it's a bit strange.

I tried a bit and the log showed me 126 damage per shard with flak primary upclose, enough to kill the tank in one hit as it's 500 health in my case.
I guess there's a problem if it's supposed to do 190.
Shock balls gave me 44 which is ok, so it's a bit strange.
I think the problem is that when you transfer the damage via Kismet to FortStandard, it causes the whole 190 damage for every flack fragment. Every fragment causes approximately 18 damage, 18x10=180-190. If i'm right transfers 180x10=1800 damage to Fort.
I've tested this: if you set DestroyableFort in 5000 health and transfers the tank (900 health) damage to this DF, you can kill the 5000 DF before the 900 tank!! In Guardio I've destroyed the tank in ONE hit! :eek: :eek:

Perhaps a solution to this bug is to set a "flack shield" to DestroyableForts, isn't it?, a protection that reduces the flack damage in a 90% approximately. What do you think?

is there a link to the most recent version of this?
The link is on the first post:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=2273505&postcount=1

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
I just found this mod today. Good work Cowlike! I'm going to attempt a direct AS-Convoy conversion, maybe even pretty it up some. I dunno, we'll see once this discovery settles in.

the more maps we have the better it is :) But Xumari is going for As-Hispeed which is also a trainmap. So you should maybe better start with Fallencity or how that map was called. loved that one most of 2k4 ;)

but keep Assault without vehicles :)

Last edited: