The term "Wanker"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Dudester

Surfing the edge of underconfidence.
Feb 21, 2000
York/Norwich England
www-users.york.ac.uk
Wanker [wan-ker] noun, British Slang:
1: A person, esp. male, who indulges in masturbation.

2: An annoying, useless or otherwise undesirable person.

3: A player of Wank The Flag.

bullet2.gif

The Zen Master Basho was weighing out flax when some of his monks chanced across him.
A monk asked Basho, "What is Buddha-nature?"
Basho replied, "Three pounds of flax."

[This message has been edited by The_Dudester (edited 06-22-2000).]

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Yes it's British.

It decribes someone who relieves themselves of pent up sexual frustration (most commonly blokes) - usually with their hand, but implements such as pumps can be used. Sheep don't count because thats just gross and classed as bestiality anyway (its also illegal, but practised widely in Wales and New Zealand).

However, like the word f**k, it has many meanings...all of which is derogatory. Much in the same way as being called a m0f0.

There, I said that in a very PC manner :)

bullet2.gif

"Have I shown you lately what my clan can do?
Cos I own you arse now by rights, We got family!" One Big Family - Embrace

[This message has been edited by The_Inflictor (edited 06-22-2000).]

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Actually, in America, we use the words ****, ****, *** , ****, **** , tits, *****, ****, ****, *****, **** and monkey a lot.

bullet2.gif

If it doesn't move, climb it. Or, if it moves real slow, that's OK too. Like old people.

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Goughmezz, you have many questions and i hope to answer them:

* First, don't listen to any American bastardisations of our proud language ;)

* "Bloody" can be used in the following context: "those bloody Romanians are better than us...wankers" (plaese note this incorporates the original thread question.

* Don't listen to an English person who likes thier beer warm. They're inevitably Northern...ie trouble ;)

* Don't listen to an American, they can't speak English

* Brits (not just English folk aren't European ;)

* Newkie Brown is best served luke warm - it is an Northeners drink (read: yuk)

*Goughmezz is a strange name. /me is suspicious...Gough is an old Scottish name, therefore Scot vs English questions have to be asked ;)

bullet2.gif

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Morety: Yeah, but even the yanks feel superior to you :)

Now that is embarrassing ;)

bullet2.gif

PsychoMoggieBagpuss
AKA Armadillo Dragon of the -=UDIC=-
CorrupterOfNuns|PuF
Wielder of the Sacred Blackrock Baguette
"If there is anything bigger than my ego. I want it caught and shot"

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
We Canadians burned down their white house and got the best side of Niagara Falls. :p

Brit's just got their butts kicked right off the continent. :p

All the best Hollywood comedians are Canadian...not including Martin Short who is simply an anomoly.

Okay, I've been defensive enough. :)

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Morety|PuF

Because hey, if it weren't for Llamas? I wouldn't seem like such a great guy.

]LoL[ - A big clan of Spam.

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
As a true Geordie (for those who don't know, thats a native of Newcastle upon Tyne)I've just gotta correct you :)

Newcastle Brown Ale should be served slightly chilled in a schooner (no, not a ship - a schooner is a half pint glass with a rounded bottom - the shape of the bottom makes the ale swirl when it is poured thus creating a perfect head). It is best served with a large pizza or kebab and a generous portion of football.

And for those who are interested, a Russian w@nker is a "rukoblodnik" (best i can do without cyrillics) :)

bullet2.gif

Manui Dat Cognito Vires

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>I don't think that we could beat the Brits in Rock and Roll. You can't get much better than bands like the Beatles, Pink Floyd or Radiohead for that matter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.

And in return you gave us Brittany Spears, New Kids on the Block, etc.

We also gave you John Lennon .... and you shot him. :)

LOL@DedMeat - I haven't had "perfect" head for at least ....errrmm ..... 48 hours.

Cow tried to kiss me afterwards.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

bullet2.gif

PsychoMoggieBagpuss
AKA Armadillo Dragon of the -=UDIC=-
CorrupterOfNuns|PuF
Wielder of the Sacred Blackrock Baguette
"If there is anything bigger than my ego. I want it caught and shot"

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
LOL @ the Dudester and PMB :)

Dedmeat, you know that half pints are for girls ;)

bullet2.gif

[This message has been edited by The_Inflictor (edited 06-23-2000).]

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
Har Har :)

Bottle is a pint, glass is a half. If you pour the whole bottle into a pint glass you will not retain the head (no comments pse Rumple :)) unless you down it in one, hence the special glass.
Brown is also good with a whiskey chaser (note whiskey is NOT called scotch in Newcastle as this would confuse with a beer of the same name by McEwans)

Drinking this stuff is an art form in the North East :)

Inflictor, I can see that you need an introduction to Geordie culture ;). Check out this link to the Geordie operating system WINDAZ 98 (dont bother looking if you're american - it wont make sense :))

bullet2.gif

Manui Dat Cognito Vires