Contacts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
LEAVE PEAVEY ALONE!!!
sc5i6d.gif

Last edited:

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Why care so much for him to "reconsider"? He is able to make his own decisions with good reason I'm sure. Peavey and a couple of others have managed to make me reconsider the drooling braindead caricature of a gamer I was beginning to make most people here out to be.

I myself have never really got known in this community though I've visited it off and on for years, and yes I was even a member before the crash... why? Because though I am and always will be fond of UT, I don't relate much to the average gamer. I don't feel some insatiable desire to go try or even look at trailers for every new game coming out. There are a handful of games ever that I have any level of nostalgia for. Thief II, Morrowind, and of course UT (ok and 2k4) are it in PC gaming. All of which are over half a decade old...

I really wish I could go entirely net free. But like some, so much of my business and creativity is intertwined with it. As it's been said, you can do very positive stuff with it. Random wifi access doesn't make that too realistic. If it's what works for you, that's great. But I'd say what you need more is probably will power to stay away from what you don't like - in this case, this forum might be a start :p

I used to have epic UT sessions, up to six hours a day sometimes. I realized how bad it was getting so I decided I wasn't going to give up until I was off it. I did all kinds of things... break my cd's, delete all copies of my cd keys, even got Flak to ban my UT2004 keys from the Master server. Aug 2009 was the last time I played any game for more than a brief session every few weeks/months.

Not coincidentally, I stopped getting angry/depressed around the same time and getting my life together. My goal now as my film and animation work take off is to eventually do 50-75% of my work on the road or just outdoors, maybe a fishing boat or a park, what with all this newfangled tablet technology and all.

Last edited: