How to make friends after college?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I also find it difficult to make friends with most of my coworkers... but then these are the same people who think King of the Hill is intellectual humor. Don't get me wrong many are nice, but I find it difficult to identify with people who have a monosyllabic vocabulary and think putting money into a IRA or 401k is dumb 'cause they are going win the lottery just as soon as they get the bugs worked out of their system.

That is why I hang out here. Most of you can form a coherent sentence.

Mar 6, 2004
[GU]elmur_fud;2558665 said:
I also find it difficult to make friends with most of my coworkers... but then these are the same people who think King of the Hill is intellectual humor. Don't get me wrong many are nice, but I find it difficult to identify with people who have a monosyllabic vocabulary and think putting money into a IRA or 401k is dumb 'cause they are going win the lottery just as soon as they get the bugs worked out of their system.

That is why I hang out here. Most of you can form a coherent sentence.

In IRL i talk like this.

"Capitol H i comma how are you doing questionmark actually i do not care period"

As for friends....i dunno. I don't have much, and when i do? i don't normally hang around them, they don't seem to wanna hang out much except for UFC or Wrestling at our TV, normally get around 5-8 people. Maybe get self help books, i got a thread around here somewhere about how to win friends and influence people.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=197835

Perhaps get that book, then follow what it says and you should have millions of friends.

I find my friends, who are my coworkers are some people to not hang around. They talk shit behind your back.....

edit- Oh...you already know about that thread lolz!

Last edited:

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
One, find a local hangout, such as a coffee shop. Bars are "ok", but I haven't made too many reliable friends at bars. Coffee shops tend to be great places. Go there, grab a book, and chill for a bit. It may take a few goes if you're not a social person, but still, better than nothing.

If you'd like to go the online route, I'd seriously recommend okcupid.com. It's not just a dating site; plenty of people are on there to make friends (and I've made quite a few on there myself). It's free, and works really well.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
I have decided that I will take a class next semester at the community college and will join a club at some point. I have yet to find a toastmasters in my area that is accessible and/or not full of old people.

As I said, I would like to make guy friends. A dating site would be an odd route to go, even if I was just trying to make friends of the female persuasion.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
You have picked the worst possible place to ask this question.

I don't think so. I suspect a lot of people on here have found themselves in a similar situation at some point after college. The ones that currently lack friends would benefit from this as well.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Very simple, and it does work.

Get a hobby. An actual outdoor/somewhere else other than home activity. Something you enjoy. It can be pretty much anything.

There are guaranteed to be clubs, societies etc. about that hobby. Join one. Show up.

Pretty simple, and you're guaranteed to meet people. People who already have at least one shared interest with you. Making them slightly less likely to be douches.