Archives

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Interesting, but part of it seems incomplete, like the other parts of the unreal.com and also before unreal.com got acquired by epic the unreal stuff was on epic megagames site itself (still was in wayback as far as I remember).

MakeMeUnreal

Oct 6, 2012
Hungary
unreal0.jpg

It was actually epicgames.com.
Btw, epicgames site...If somebody want to take a look at it...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qg7lxxtzjkrdg05/FpLwBHNHQe

If you guys check the gamespot articles you should follow this.

Part One - In the Beginning
- Introduction
- Action Aficionados
- From Carpet to Foot
- Tools of the Trade
- Sculpt Your Own World
- Virtual Recruitment
- The Name of the Game
- GT Enters the Fray
Part Two - Virtual Development
- The Pressure Mounts
- Maple Leaf
Convergence
- The Scalpel Comes Out
- Reality on the Horizon
Part Three - Reality Rises
- The Net Effect
- A New 3D Standard?
- Breaching A New Reality?
- Supporting Creativity

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yes, but they were officially called Epic MegaGames still. It wasn't until after Unreal was released that they changed their name just to Epic Games.
Btw that other link you posted links to the identical archive..the link is identical I mean, I suppose you wanted to post a new one.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I did, but for some reason the responses seem to arrive much later than their time says. Not sure why is that, there seems to be hours delay between it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Perhaps you should not panic over it though, and are you sure the HDDs are damaged? If they are from around 98 it might be just because they are not compatible with the current hardware? The connections are all different, besides even if they are, like I said it can be restored, something might be more trivial than it seems even. I hope you got my responses back at least too.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What do you mean with time to change? Sometimes I have difficulty understanding what you mean. We should keep this to private messages or e-mail though, I suppose it won't do much problems anymore, the e-mail, at least I hope.
But whatever you do, I would not throw those old HDDs away, do I need to remind you that part of the unreal psx content even came from a restored broken HDD? And if that HDD had some of the old mods for Unreal and other files, well, it might be worth it, unless it's also on those CDs and stuff.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It says the CRC is corrupted in that one. mult_mon3 and the filesize was smaller than expected. Can you try reupping?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I don't know why but it keeps getting corrupt, this one is even worse..can't get to open anything there, at least to me, after downloading it.

MakeMeUnreal

Oct 6, 2012
Hungary
Feel yourself (It seems just we are interested in that, but i won't take a sh*t about that) free to share anything Unreal reletated stuff here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.