UT3 tricks movie (collecting stuff)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Male

Apr 10, 2008
Russian Federation
Hi, DiNoWaR and i planning make UT3 tricks video
trampoline.gif
. The work will start not earlier than summer, and now we need to collect stuff. Some tricks will be provided by me, but one man can't make many tricks for the movie:). So send us your tricks (mail to Valentin.Male.Kovalenko[AT]gmail[DOT]com with "UT3movie" subject; ICQ#289-059-064). Use any weapon (even translocator), jump boots, any gametype and map (unstd too), any vehicle, godmod or zero selfdamage, any any any any.. We don't care about usefullness and reproductibility of the trick in real game, it just must be unorthodox, interesting, not very easy and nice:p
Now UT3 have well known trouble with clientside demos, so we need serverside one (no matter if it Internet, or LAN server, or even instant action). Please, do not send demos, where your awesome trick succeed after a hundred attempts;), be good with your trick and then write a demo. I think tricks with more than one actor could be very nice.

Important: in game must be enabled mutator like UTCompIII (for example available here) or something like that, to provide us ability to change color of model and easy way to force models.

P.S. We are not superstars in moviemaking, but we have some experience:). If interesting, try
CyberEclipse
FragDown

Last edited:

Vigil

Jan 20, 2008
CyberEclipse is very good, but I'd like to see less of the cliched rock music in these videos.

Male

Apr 10, 2008
Russian Federation
CyberEclipse is very good, but I'd like to see less of the cliched rock music in these videos.

You are absolutely right!;) I think we will find something interesting for this movie.
But we really need tricks. It is very difficult for me to invent many nice tricks. And then i must do it again and again, till i can complete the trick without mistakes:eek:.

Male

Apr 10, 2008
Russian Federation
define tricks...

Ok, try this|630KB (3+1 rockets & boots) (this captured just for example). This isn't the best trick that we already have: i don't want to show the content of video now;) Of course we can't obtain in UT3 such amazing tricks like in Q3 trick movies, because of its game physics :\, but we try to make something nice.

Last edited:

Vigil

Jan 20, 2008
Does this include map 'bugs' like the sloping wall walk in Sandstorm, and maybe other quick ways to get to places? Ie. useful stuff, not just fancy tricks.

Male

Apr 10, 2008
Russian Federation
Does this include map 'bugs' like the sloping wall walk in Sandstorm, and maybe other quick ways to get to places? Ie. useful stuff, not just fancy tricks.

May be:) would be not bad, if you write and send me the demo. We have nothing against useful stuff, if it can be shown interestingly.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Man, I was expecting something amazing to happen when you landed before the triple rockets. Guess I've seen way too many Q3 videos. D:

Male

Apr 10, 2008
Russian Federation
Man, I was expecting something amazing to happen when you landed before the triple rockets. Guess I've seen way too many Q3 videos. D:

when i landed i shoot one more rocket, it was 4rocketsJump+boots. Q3.. yes, but you should remember that this is not Q3, this is UT3. Unfortunately UT game physics sucks since first UT. And i wrote, that this jump is not the best trick that we have;)