TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
The CS:S bots are definitely overzealous campers, but they are adept in more aspects than are seemingly visible.

Now a truly magnificient AI... Would be the Action Quake 2 CGF AI. Sadly, the website is long gone, but that sucker of an AI was IMMENSE. Didn't feel like players, but certainly could outwit them.

MrMan

Jan 19, 2008
I really Like TF2! Its awesome. Canceled my order at newegg.com. Went to Walmart to buy it and have played it for last 12 hours if freaking awesome. Love the DX10 grafix the custom maps are small ( 5- 16 max from what I have seen ). Alot more players play the game. More players than empty servers unlike UT3. VOIP is really good and clear. Love the CTF gamplay. Alot better than UT3. Well my UT3 Server will be up for the next 45 days then my server contract will expire. I wont renew my UT3 server thats for sure.

Good luck all.

Now to go play TF2 for some real fun muhahahahaha :lol:

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
The game is definitely fun with a good size group of people playing. I'd argue that 32 is too many for most servers. 20-24 seems to be a sweet spot, some of the more popular maps are just too small.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I really like the game but lately I've been hooked to CoD4 more. Whenver I play TF2 again, CTF just feels like it's a TDM match. Basically, almost everyone is on their own, and team communication are weak.

I'd like to join a TF2 mature clan who plays the game competitively, scrims and stuff like that so I could enjoy the game by the way it's meant to be played. Most of the maps are wayyyy to hard to capture in too. I think it's probably the main flaw.

I'd like to see the flag return Faster maybe, with more paths to escape, oh and please, remove the flag compas. It's just silly to know where your flag is, even when the enemy is taking it away.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I can't see myself playing competetively but I'd like to get this BuF community to the point where people play regularly and we get enough people to play with organized teams and tactics, etc. Might be a pipe dream, but it's worth a shot.

MrMan

Jan 19, 2008
Is so good I put up a server called:

||| Pyros Kick Ass Control Point Maps Only Server:

Map List:

cp_orange_x4
cp_dustbowl
cp_shock
cp_roswell
cp_warpath
cp_carpo_b3
cp_broma_b5
cp_mini_canyon
cp_gravelpit
cp_badlands

Sudden Death Scout Melee With BaseBall Bats lol

Now Whats really Kool is when you into Sudden Death The Original theme song of Mortal Kombat plays the full 3 min music.

It also has fast respawns

Check it out! This is a fun Server and Game. I dont play UT3 as much anymore. Its is more fun than UT3 thats for sure!

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I'd like to see the flag return Faster maybe, with more paths to escape, oh and please, remove the flag compas. It's just silly to know where your flag is, even when the enemy is taking it away.

You complain about most maps being way too hard to capture, then you go on to say return the flag faster? :con:

Maybe you were talking about CP only, but the flag counter in CTF has been that way since TFC and probably even the original Quake version of TF. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! One minute flag timer keeps the map dynamic, it forces the enemy team to defend a new location, and forces your team to push to the new location. That's what I like about CTF compared to CP, it's much more dynamic.

And the flag compass serves its purpose as well. It keeps the game intense knowing that the enemy is right on your tail the second you grab the flag. I mean sneaking away and totally bypassing the enemy is cool and all, but there's no action in that. Part of the challenge is escaping the enemy base alive with the enemy on full alert and aware of your position. That's how I see it at least.

Just my opinions of course. ;)

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Team Fortress 2: Gold Rush Update Available Now
April 29, 2008, 5:59 pm - Alden Kroll

The Team Fortress 2: Gold Rush Update is now available, free to owners of Team Fortress 2 via Steam. The Gold Rush Update introduces the new Gold Rush map and Payload gameplay style, the first set of unlockable weapons, and a new set of achievements for the Medic.

In other TF2 news, a worldwide Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend will begin Friday at noon PDT, and will include access to the new content released today in the TF2: Gold Rush Update. Using the functionality made available through Steam and Steamworks, all of the files needed to join the Free Weekend are available for pre-loading now.

The Free Weekend is open to players around the world, and there is no obligation to purchase to participate; all that is needed is a Steam account to join.

To start pre-loading everything you need to play on Friday and learn more about Team Fortress 2, please visit www.steamgames.com/goldrush

\o/

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
If you want the new weapons but still want to go for the other achievements just use these:

achievement_unlock TF_MEDIC_ACHIEVE_PROGRESS1
achievement_unlock TF_MEDIC_ACHIEVE_PROGRESS2
achievement_unlock TF_MEDIC_ACHIEVE_PROGRESS3