Speculations on EntropicDev's Twitter post

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zuul

May 17, 2014
That and Alien. It almost feels like any of the nostromo crew can show up.
I think if the nostromo was that clean the alien would be ashamed to drewl around the place

what's not to like about random plumbing on the interstellar psychward? ;)
It's one of the cool things about our interstellar superstarfleetsquadattackcruisers...everything is accessible easily

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Was it really that wise to post this pic on Reddit? I mean under regular development circumstances Epic wouldn't even admit the very existence of UT4 yet.

Not at all. In an open development paradigm it's best to be open, and get as many people involved as possible. This generates excitement for the game and encourages people to start contributing. Common strategies concerning hype and controlling information simply aren't relevant anymore.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I think if the nostromo was that clean the alien would be ashamed to drewl around the place

That's why I said almost ;-)
It's just one of the first things that came to mind. Bit like the mess hall of the ship iirc.

I wonder how many remakes this thing will/could eventually have? I assume this might get its own reworked version for any prevous UT game? I mean, even just based on what was shown in the video. (thinking way ahead in a possible future)

I really like this look. That lighting and those reflections are sublime.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Well, the first thing that strikes me is how bright it all is and I do like the colour pallet - the clean look - no more shitty brown/grey textures - it's all about visibility here.
Obviously, the step up to next gen is going to give you more realistic effects - proper reflections and lighting effects etc - what you'd expect really but for me, it's going to be all about the gameplay and how Epic tackles that.
If it's anything like classic UT, I'll be a very happy man indeed.