UE1 - UT Mouse not selecting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xohorvath

Nov 9, 2012
Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked already. I did a quick search and didn't see anything. (no clue if I selected the right "prefix")

I am also not sure if you will be able to assist me due to the unreal editor I am using.

I'm using the editor that came with Raven Shield...so, we are going old school.

I am hoping this is a basic question with an easy fix.

Recently, I have tried to update a custom map I made. Unfortunately, I cannot select any meshes or textures in the map editor. I can use my mouse to select pull down menus, click on the buttons to the left to add or subtract a brush, etc. But, I cannot select anything to move it, or to change the texture.

Example: If I wanted to put in a new mesh, I could add it, but then my mouse would not let me select the mesh and move it from one side of the room to the other, it does not select it. So, usually it would be highlighted in green. A brush would be highlighted as yellow, etc.

It's not selecting. Any ideas? I've uninstalled the editor and reinstalled and it did not work. I have an old Dell XPS and it works fine.

I currently have an Alienware 17rx3 or whatever it is, and I have used the editor before on this computer with no issues.

Your help would be appreciated.

Oh, and I have tried using the touchpad on the laptop as well as a wired mouse and an non-wired mouse.

Thanks.

xohorvath

Nov 9, 2012
Windows 7 Home Premium
Alienware M17xR3
Intel Core i7-2820QM CPU 2.30 overlocked to 3.0
Memory 8192MB
DirectX11

I went to my video card, AMD Radeon HD 6970M (ATI), and anti-aliasing is off...

Thanks for the help

xohorvath

Nov 9, 2012
Fixed.

I had already troubled the anti-aliasing solution a while back ago and double checked that it was off.

I went back to my menu yet again today and checked, anti-Aliasing is off, but it was another option in the menu related to anti-aliasing that solved the problem.

Thanks.

Moderator feel free to delete this post.