Surface Lighting Error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Wolf

Aug 15, 2004
For some reason the end of the righthand wall (see attatched image) won't light up. I have searched, and yes I am using an ATI card but setting HseHardwareTL to false doesn't change a thing.

The light along this wall are the same as the lights along most of the other walls, as I just duplicated them.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• error_01.png
    error_01.png
    218.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
i had the same problem with sum static meshes that wouldnt light up properly and sum walls, heres what i changed and it fixed it for me, hope it works for u. if its a static mesh or if you have this option go to its properties and change it to

Display-bstaticlighting=false

also try changing the level properties, this can really help ur ligthing issues and it looks cool too! in Level Properties find Zone light and change it to this, it may seem dark at first but add lights and you will see the wondeful changes take place, (hopefully)

zone light-Ambient Brightness =10
-Ambient Hue =0
-Ambient Saturation =255
-Distance fog blend =1.000000
-Distance fog end =5000.000000
-Distance fog colour A=0
B=148
G=107
R=121
-Distance Fog start =3000.000000
-Dramatic lighting =1.200000

you might find that sum of these properties dont need changing.

also another good tip is too load up a different map that has the lighting effects you want etc.. and simply copy it hope this helps.

dont forget to rebuild after the changes to see the changes! and also you might want to make a copy of the mpa elsewhere incase you mess things up even more

Last edited:

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
Have you tried deleting the whole section (actually I'd use cut), full rebuild, replace, full rebuild? You might just have a faulty lightmap that UEd refuses to redo (or the UEd Goblin has taken a disliking to), doing that should flush it.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
That's pretty slick, Angel. Whenever it happens to me, I right-click the brush and go Polygons -> To Brush, delete the original, then add/subtract to redo the brush. Usually fixes it.