CTF-Abyss needs some Beta testing...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Did you like the map?

• Wow!

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Average

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Below average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was a big cup of Sh|t!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Paladin

Where do I mount the silencer?
Jan 4, 2000
QBVille
www.quirkybastards.net
Secrets

Well, I found the Redeemer...

It sticks out like a sore thumb if you go into the editor and look at the zone view :D

I never would have found it in the game if I hadn't seen it in the editor though. Good hiding place. Just how do you get back out of that hole? :)

Pal

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
The way you would get up to the Flak in the Altar room...Translocate. (Bots can do it also - Only for the upper route, not for the redeemer, wouldn't be a secret anymore)

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
I found the deemer by accident. I wanted to see if there was an opening at the top of the nuke, and it accidentally paid off....

Just another reason to like this map.

Definitely put it up on Nali City, the community needs to see this map, and that's one of the best ways to get some exposure.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Re: CTF-Red October

Originally posted by Paladin
They may not have posted it because someone had already done the exact same thing. CTF-NovermberCE (Clan Edition) by Rich 'Akuma' Eastwood. In fact, there are at least 5 Novemberesque CTF maps on NC.

Considering some the crap that they have at NC I doubt itD

Paladin

Jan 4, 2000
QBVille
www.quirkybastards.net
CTF-Red October

To true. Entirely too many of the maps on NC are remixes of Epic maps. I don't know whether to be saddened by the lack of creativity or in awe of the cut-and-paste skills of the mappers. ;)

Seriously though, resubmit it. Just because you sent it in doesn't mean their FTP server did lose it. I think I read that submitting maps via FTP to their site is more reliable than e-mailing...especially for large file sizes.

Pal

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
OK...
I'm doing the final touches...Readme addons...etc.

I'll submit it tomorrow...and I'll ask for a review.

THanks for the positive feedback, guyz.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Chris this map is awesome. I loved the little tingling bells thingymabobs on the bridges. Great stuff. Looks amazing!

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
I've had an error (my luck) during the upload but I've resubmitted it now...

I hope I'll get a nice score...then I can pimp it in my sign :)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Yeah you should score high:) If not the user reviews will help a lot.....if it gets reviewed that is:D
Try e-mailig some one of the reviewers.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
I've already posted a topic at the NC forum...And it looks like Bangout already got interested. (hope so)

Now I'm just sitting and waiting. :D

BTW one more post and I'll be GODLIKE!!! Beware! :D

Paladin

Jan 4, 2000
QBVille
www.quirkybastards.net
Tutorial

Chris,

Could you point me to the tutorial you used to learn the floor lofter? You did a really good job with it on the cavern areas of this map.

If you didn't use a tutorial to learn it, you should write one! :D

Pal

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
But I don't know when...cuz that doesn't fully depend on me.

I write some tuts and my friend will make the webpage. I'm a complete lamer in webpage building but my friend is a pro webdesigner...I'll have to keep kicking his arse to get to work. :D

Slick_Willy

Anyone Else Want Some?
I guess I got here too late, I've gotten pretty good at making a map run as fast as it can. The reason the map is so slow in certain areas (Flag Room especially) is you didn't merge polys hardly anywhere. The poly count in the flag room was about 363 at the highest I found. I did a merge polys on the brushes in there and rebuilt. Poly count went down by 150. Also for reasons I can't seem to figure out you intersected a bunch of brushes or something, I was looking at regular cube brushes that were all cut up into different polys. Not sure what happened there. This map would have ran fine on a normal system if this had been done the poly management would have been done. Also just a nit picking suggestion. Why are there white coronas on orange fire torches? Just a thought. Other than that the level looks great. If I were you I would get those polys merged and resubmit the map as version2 so it is playable. What I did was just do a select every brush in the map and I merged them. I went back and I saw that there was going to have to be some realigning done but other than that it didn't change much because the textures were already aligned to each other an I have texture lock on. BangOut can remove the old one for you. But send it to me again before you reupload it to nalicity.