UE3 - UDK Electric Edge: System Shutdown [Staff Needed!]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrKoor54

Jul 18, 2013
Basic Plot: Electric Edge: System Shutdown takes place inside of a simple computer, except the fact that everything in the game is personified such as files, applications, and programs. Instead of folders and navigation menus, the folders are huge cities and the navigation menus are huge highways leading to the cities (folders). You play as an operating system file (such as windows 8 and windows 7 files) that is sent to investigate a virus that was spotted inside the external hard drive. While you're there, you are informed the virus has moved to the main computer, wreaking havoc and destroying everything on the main hard drive.

Game-play Mechanics:This game is set in "first-person shooter" mode. This game features a very high variety of methods with which the player can move at high speed, and traverse the map. I. e. The player may utilize a number of vehicles such as: A Motor Cycle, Car, Train, and these vehicles utilize a rail system which increases the vehicles speed exponentially. The game has a special feature known as the data bar. This is a skill that the player may use to warp the environment, and create objects that the player would find useful in their endeavors.

Maps:The game is composed of 13 different maps that are interlinked to provide an open world experience. The majority of the game will feature 12 of these maps as to the last map which will only be seen at the end of the game. These maps have a very wide range of environments that the player will be able to explore in full detail. I. e. Players will find them in oceans, cities, highways, and at times, floating platforms.

Combat Mechanics:Electric Edge will feature the following combat mechanics: Players will utilize a wide variety of weaponry. This will include of set of bladed weapons, firearms, as well as the players own abilities (as mentioned above). When it comes to the bladed combat, special counter-attack moves can be used mid combat to quickly defeat an enemy who has his/her own bladed weapon.

This game is a free project. Which means it will be a free-to-play game. I will not be hiring staff for pay.

This game is just now starting development. Nothing has been created except for the design document. We need the following positions for our staff:

- Music
- Visual Concept Artist(s)
- Animator(s)
- Modeler (Particle systems and Player models)
- Texture(s)
- Voice actor(s)
- Programmer(s) 2-3
- Database(s)

If you are interested in helping us out with this project please Add me and my co-producer on Skype:

Owner: Austin Parker (combinehacker)
Co-Owner: Connor Messina (cmessina1996)

We'd appreciate all the help we can get!

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
So, what are you two guys going to contribute, other than "project ownership"? And what do you already have to show? People might want to know, especially since this seems to be a non-paid thing.