UE3 - UT3 Mutiple doors in Kismet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MagicPowers

Nov 19, 2009
Hey guys just hoping to find answer to a question. Is it possible to add the same sequence to multiple interpactors using multiple trigger volumes?

I have several bay doors that open and then close (16 to be exact) The way I need this to work is ....a Manta flys through the chute and activates the trigger vol. door moves down and then close after manta is out. I am trying to make this as Bug free as possible....for a second manta behind the first one could throw off the trigger.
I have all the doors in one group and all the trigger volumes in another.....I am trying to figure out if I can apply the mover and triggers to all at the same time ...or do I need to do each one seperate??? All the door will be moving the same distance and direction!
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

willhaven

bPimp=False
Aug 18, 1999
www.planetunreal.com
You can also give the master Matinee Data variable a Variable Name (BayDoors) and hook a Named Variable (V+left click to add one) to each matinee with "BayDoors" as the name.

That way you don't have to have a rats nest of links to one variable if you don't want to.

I will typically leave at least one hooked up to the original Matinee Data so you can edit that one and have it propagate to the rest. I'm not sure you can edit a Matinee if a Named Variable is being used for its Matinee Data.

I never check those little things. I get burned once early in development and rarely return to check those little bugs. So editing a Matinee with a Named Variable may or may not work. Classical conditioning works quickly on me. haha

MagicPowers

Nov 19, 2009
Re:UT3 Mutiple doors in Kismet

Thank you all for the replies and advice. My door are work great now :) Much appreciated! I have about a thousand other questions....but I won't ask for help until I come across something...that I can't find info about..Thanks again!

MagicPowers

Nov 19, 2009
Re:Kismet Doors

I'm starting to get real frustrated with this. I managed to get all the doors working from a single Matinee (using Groups /New movement) ....but now the problem is to get each Trigger Volume to Trigger each door seperately....What am I missing here?? Should I just go back to Individual sets of Kismet?? Please help!

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You weren't supposed to put them all in a single Matinee action. You can't trigger them separately that way. The idea was that if they all have the same movement to only create the Matinee sequence once for one of the doors. For the other doors you create an empty Matinee action, delete its matinee data variable and link the door matinee data to your new Matinee action as well.

Look at the attached Kismet snippet. I'm using two Matinee actions there, one of them has its regular MatineeData variable, but I gave it a VariableName value. (red text)
The other Matinee action doesn't have a MatineeData variable, but instead uses a Named Variable that references the first Matinee action's data variable by its name.

Also note that I connected multiple InterpActors to a single input on the Matinee action. I'm using two-part doors here, with one part being rotated 180°. Matinee animations are relative to the actor's rotation, so the two door parts actually move in different directions even though they are animated by the very same movement track. (That's completely unrelated to using two Matinee tracks with the same data, though.)

Attachments

• MatineeReuse.png
    MatineeReuse.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: