UE2 - UT2kX Texture Issue. ok in 3ds, fails in UE2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
I have this model that I've been tweaking. It's ok in 3dsmax, but when I export it into .psk and then import that in UT2k4's editor it fails.

Specifically the face texture is shared with the body. So If I set the texture1 which is the body It'll also use that for the face (clothes in face).

Now it I set that texture to be the face. It's then aligned correctly, but also used by the body! (which makes the model look nasty, doom-like monster...)

So I'm doing something wrong?

The model I'm playing with is from UE3 game, could this be issue?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I remember that the UnrealEd collapses identical material slots for StaticMeshes after import. That's especially annoying if you import the mesh without having the materials yet, because in that case all slots are None and thus identical. Maybe the same happens for SkeletalMeshes?
Make sure the material names in the PSK match existing material names during import so they are assigned correctly and not None from the start.