Mass Effect Resources

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
I haven't been here for a while so I might repeat something already said.

I like to mod my UT's so that they have extra characters and places from other games (ie. maps from quake weapons from Unreal 2).

I stumbled on this: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/14-565-1
This random guy states that: "Bioware has given permission for users to use its models in free addons for other games such as Bridge Commander and Half Life 2. This would give whatever gameplay you created full factions and a large fan following. " ... yeah.

Personally I think that stylewise ME is much closer to the U1/UT (that I like), than UT3 itself.

So if the statement is true, are there any maps/models already ported to UT3. and if not I might be able to help (as I have the PC versions).

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Unreal Tournawrex 2004?

Who knows if this'll trigger a sudden Urp Ackage impulse.

Last edited:

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
Tournawrex indeed XD

When I played ME1 with the ground missions with Mako. I always thought that: hmm... yep, I could do some onslaught here :).

Here's a two year old post about extracting.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/104/index/3255953/1

Then I tried umodel.exe and found the models. Apparently the same program can be used to extract the models/textures, but I have no use for those as I don't have 3ds.

Modeling/rigging really isn't my forte...

Anyway, if there are people interested, the character models are located /BioGame/CookedPC/BioH_*.ppc
* being the character (vixen = miranda, geth = legion, ...)