Epic's China Subsidiary: Mercenary Ops Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think studio like PCF is a part of Epic Games, but Yingpei is more like a parter who working with/for Epic Games. They do outsourcing for Epic Games, and develope MMO solutions based on UE. But so far I don't see a game from Yingpei is also considered a game from Epic, and Yingpei is also not doing promotion about that.
:rolleyes:
Epic bought them some time ago. It's likely they were allowed to change their name because Epic likes the "independent subsidiary" thing (PCF, Chair, Yingpei).

http://www.epicgameschina.com/index.htm

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
I know that, and I have a couple of friends or ex-colleagues worked/work there. Yingpei is a good developer, and it also has a game dev academy, which is very helpful to Chinese gaming industry. I respect all their work.
I guess I just want Epic to invest more to this studio, to build a closer relationship.
Nevermind plz, I just shared my view and I know it's off topic and annoying.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'd have to play it to get their intentions with this game, but like it's been mentioned, looks very generic; it doesn't look like anything that hasn't been done before (Especially the setting/story). Not that it's necessarily a problem, but I'm not appealed by this trailer. At all.

Last edited: