Dreamcast maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
hmm... interesting, well there are some oddities:

This is from DM-Sorayama (PS2): http://youtu.be/2LQDIBMZD4c?t=1m6s
See the hole (~1m 6sec). In the version that you provided there is no hole to the bottom floor, but a flak cannon. also, there's no author credit/preview picture, but a black screen.
DC version also has the hole.

DM-Babylon (only on DC) is also different. While the geometry/textures are perfect there are atleast four health vials missing next to the central column.
I cannot view the youtube videos, flash/javascript, besides I am stuck with a text browser now compared to grpahical one so I need to always download an image separately. But it is very possible that map is simply a beta version of it. We didn't get the complete stuff/tree so it only makes sense. However it is official, as in this is not a remake by another person.
Also there is no DM-Babylon in this release, so not sure what dm-babylon you talk about.
There;s only one dm-babylon I can see and it is from that fake pack, fake because those levels were released as DMified versions of the RA maps, which had no inventory so the author just put what he thought fits and someone took that and renamed these maps to the matching console ones, since RA had many of those console areas in, except without items and with changes.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The Sorayama map I provided does lack screenshot indeed, but it does have author info and title, you can see that in the editor or if you play classic unreal gametype on itor just do editector class=levelinfo.
this is the info from the map: Author: Alan 'Talisman' Willard
Title: Sorayama TacCenter
IdealPlayerCount: 2

It's clear that it's early version of Sorayama.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
Oh, I see. I don't know how you got the files, but kudos to you sir.
And if you're familiar with "Drunk Kenobis" console maps, you can imagine the bottom floor :).

I'll have to concentrate my videos on those maps unseen on PC. Perhaps some mapper is looking for a project ;).

(XD You're the 3rd person who complains about flash today. Not a fan of it myself either.)

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Thank you VERY much for uploading those maps. I used the PS2ConvertCommandlet on a few of them, and there are little to no similarities with the *.lin files in the PS2 version. Epic probably did some other stuff to them. What's interesting to me is that the CityIntro map isn't in the PS2 version, so it must have been cut. Were you able to get any other PS2-related resources, like system files?

Thanks again. :D

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Thank you VERY much for uploading those maps. I used the PS2ConvertCommandlet on a few of them, and there are little to no similarities with the *.lin files in the PS2 version. Epic probably did some other stuff to them. What's interesting to me is that the CityIntro map isn't in the PS2 version, so it must have been cut. Were you able to get any other PS2-related resources, like system files?

Thanks again. :D
What do you mean with Epic probably did some other stuff to them? Didn't parse that part.
And nope, I only got the maps as far as PS2 stuff goes, sorry.
Perhaps the most interesting thing of this pack is the cut maps, CTF-Fortress(is a bit like very basic version of ctf-searchlight in ut3) by Inoxx and DM-Gutter by Mike 'Drakken_Mordith' Bastien. I did speak to him btw about Gutter, he said that it was cut mostly because it had lots of vertical fighting iirc, and it just didn't suit the ps2 gameplay that well, since its difficult for players on ps2 to aim up and down constantly with the controller. We know him for his work on ut2 etc but this is where he started at basically.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I'm wondering if Inoxx had actually any involvement with Searchlight in UT3?
Fortress is just, pretty similar

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I'm wondering if Inoxx had actually any involvement with Searchlight in UT3?
Fortress is just, pretty similar
I doubt it, he had no involvement with UT3 as far as I know, but the other mappers used his work as basis, like ctf face and they probably had acess to all knds of UT beta/console versions stuff to begin with, so it's not surprising. I believe someone took on that idea and developed it further.
Of course Fortress is incredibly low poly, believe it's because of the sea there is around and stuff. Then again most of the new maps were made in mind in keeping the polycount very low.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Holy crap why the hell do you have to be banned over at USP? That's the only forum I check regularly and it means I'm missing out on awesome stuff like this!

Have you managed to get access to the raw DC maps yet? any word on sundial? And Thanks so much to everyone in this thread starting right back at page 1 and finishing to this day.

Also have we got links to these fortress and gutter maps? I'm interested

Edit: also back in 2011 Delacroix said in the Forgotten classics thread that he had access to ALL the raw map files for DC and PS2, is this what he was talking about? Cause there's a lot of missing maps if so...

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Holy crap why the hell do you have to be banned over at USP? That's the only forum I check regularly and it means I'm missing out on awesome stuff like this!

Have you managed to get access to the raw DC maps yet? any word on sundial? And Thanks so much to everyone in this thread starting right back at page 1 and finishing to this day.

Also have we got links to these fortress and gutter maps? I'm interested

Edit: also back in 2011 Delacroix said in the Forgotten classics thread that he had access to ALL the raw map files for DC and PS2, is this what he was talking about? Cause there's a lot of missing maps if so...
Yes, this is what he meant, but the DC maps were not recovered after all, even though we thought they would, so he spoke "too soon" I guess, in excitment.
But this is about all you can get. Don't expect any more ps2/dc/beta maps coming along.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Ahh oh well. I was pretty happy to have a romp on sepulchure for the first time in yonks. I sure have been waiting a while :lol:
Thanks for this. I still have no idea how you guys manage to pull it off.

edit: Oh, so are these like beta versions of the actual console maps? Some of the lighting feels a little off and Osiris doesn't have dom support even after renaming etc.
Stoked to finally have canyon fear :)

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I'm going to be updating this thread with new info I found out (at least for me) in post #219 (as well as new comments) and then adding quick comments for maps in the original PS2 maps download that weren't commented on before. Post #219 maps will be updated there and others here at the end of the thread.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
original PS2 maps reviews

The ones that have a version in the Console Bonus Pack are not mentioned here (only the ones I didn't have yet):

AS-PS2-HiSpeed > the PC stock map is longer and better, but kinda cool to have this version also.
AS-PS2-Overlord > the PC stock map is longer and better, but kinda cool to have this version also; however, the timer might be messed up in this PS2 version.
CTF-Fortress > by Inoxx, no preview shot, searchlight graphics are terrible, needs 2 more spawn points; however, it is a small, simple and fun CTF.
CTF-Phalanx > by Akuma, a small and tight CTF, watch the stairs, bots can have tough time defending.
CTF-PS2-Dreary > the PC stock map is better and bots can defend better in the PC version it seems.
CTF-PS2-Niven > both versions seem about the same.
CTF-Sepulchre > by Akuma, small castle CTF with some side routes, good slow skybox, good bots, fun.
CTF-Stormfront > by Dave Ewing, small CTF with z-axis, many routes, bots camp and seem to be too good once encountered (ah, that explains the no bot pathing); Empyrian must have been a clan.
DM-CanyonFear > by XceptOne, small 1on1 map with almost crazy 8 pattern; looks like Unreal map with cloudy skybox, palm trees, cliffs, etc.
DM-Gutter > by Drakken_Mordith, small wide map with hardly any z-axis, low ceilings and cheating bots.;) I liked the crimson skybox, aqua water and steel bars.
DM-Osiris > by Dave Ewing, bright Egyptian arena at night, wide-open and fun.
DM-PS2-KGalleon > by XceptOne, same as original version, except less detail.
PS2-CityIntro > seems same as original one

(that's all for now, done)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
You know, you can learn about the author from level properties of the map either in the editor or by doing in windowed mode: Editactor class=levelinfo
That way you can find, perhaps to you surprising author of ctf-fortress This was one of the lowest poly maps he was asked to make i believe.

Lee_Stricklin

Gaming Guru
Sep 17, 2008
Midwest
wingselite.com
Old thread, bumping it anyway because a bunch of the links are dead. So exactly how many of these maps got completed and are there any links to them? The console bonus pack on UT Files has some pretty unfaithful versions that I would rather not mess with.