MSUC Phase 2 Winners Announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
Great job, and congrats to all. Will have to try some of these out when I re-install for the patch/bonus pack.

Not to bring the tone down or anything, but again why does it seem like they're trying to hide all that great content? I thought the MSUC was all about promoting the brand and stirring up interest/buzz in the franchise. If that's the case, they can't be bothered to post a simple site/page with previews and non subscription-based downloads? Didn't they maintain a whole MSUC page at epicgames.com back in the day? Seriously Epic - a bunch of text and links to Fileplanet do not excitement make. At least not for anyone outside the community. Suck up the expense to pay a web monkey to spend a whole day creating rich content for all this stuff.

/rant

pinnacle

Jan 22, 2008
Not to bring the tone down or anything, but again why does it seem like they're trying to hide all that great content? I thought the MSUC was all about promoting the brand and stirring up interest/buzz in the franchise. If that's the case, they can't be bothered to post a simple site/page with previews and non subscription-based downloads? Didn't they maintain a whole MSUC page at epicgames.com back in the day? Seriously Epic - a bunch of text and links to Fileplanet do not excitement make. At least not for anyone outside the community. Suck up the expense to pay a web monkey to spend a whole day creating rich content for all this stuff.

/rant
http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/

Also congratulations to all the winners!

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
You know, I JUST found that, and was about to edit my post when you beat me to it. That said, they still don't have the Round 2 content up even though it's been announced (this should go live along with the announcement) and they still link to Fileplanet. But it's good to see that they're at least trying.

Some people just like to bitch I guess... *looks in mirror*

Edit: And while I'm at it, they should compile all of the winners of each round into a single downloadable content pack. I think people would be more apt to try stuff out if it was more hassle-free. Not a bitch, just a suggestion.

Last edited:

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
Not to spread paranoia... but after scourin' the interwebs for the last half hour, I have yet to find an official post anywhere that confirms this isn't just someone's MSU predictions taken out of context :shake:.

Also, none of the supposed 'winners' seem to have received any email notification yet. Last time, all winners were notified of their victory the day before the announcement... I hate to say it... but with no reliable source mentioned, there's currently nothing to confirm that this announcement isn't just a hoax :(:(:(.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Not to spread paranoia... but after scourin' the interwebs for the last half hour, I have yet to find an official post anywhere that confirms this isn't just someone's MSU predictions taken out of context :shake:.

Also, none of the supposed 'winners' seem to have received any email notification yet. Last time, all winners were notified of their victory the day before the announcement... I hate to say it... but with no reliable source mentioned, there's currently nothing to confirm that this announcement isn't just a hoax :(:(:(.

Well it's been announced Ve3d, and there is a video montage of most of the winners in there.

Seems pretty legit to me.

Someone has to be real douchebag to pull off a hoax like this.

Look at it this way it took a long time just to get this much info, I assume it's going to take along time for the official forums update and emails to go out.

Plus there is an official press release on the first post. I doubt anyone will go to all that effort to post predictions....just my thoughts. Also don't forget WarTourist was on the forefront of phase 1, granted he is no longer the core contact point and driving force I assume those taking control now will eventually get to the forum postings and emails.

Last edited:

neoduck

Oct 18, 2001
Brisbane, Australia

you have a point..

hmm.. wonder what's going on?

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
im a bit suspect because last time epic emailed the winners first.. this time, the community knew i won before i did.... that doesn't seem right to me..