Hosting land of the dead server with no graphic card.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheKiller

RISING-DEAD.COM
Jan 14, 2011
Romania
rising-dead.com
Hello, i am trying to host a server on a hosting company but their servers run without a dedicated graphic card and therefore... it gives them this error.

The game im trying to run the server is named land of the dead and it runs under the same engine as UT3...
Unreal Engine 2.0]] Build 2226

"No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2270 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: No Video

Please enable Direct3D acceleration. You can do this by starting dxdiag and enabling Direct3D Acceleration in the Display1/2 tab after installing DirectX 8.1b (or later) and the latest drivers for your graphics card."

Did any old player manage tu run across this issue before?
Is there a way around the error and to cancel the 3D thing?

Thanks

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
For your information: UT3 uses Unreal Engine 3. Your game is more comparable to UT2003, with its latest version 2225, or UT2004.
Also, this is a coding forum. Unless you plan on modding your game to add features, this is most likely the wrong subforum to ask in. (I'm moving the thread now.)

If you want to run a dedicated server, use the command line tool UCC with the "commandlet" named "server, i.e. "ucc server mapname?urloptions -parameters". See the UnrealAdmin Wiki for details.

Last edited: