Ladders

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«BuA»Meat

Silent Assassin
Oct 27, 2003
Québec
hey guys with everyone on new puters, any chances joining back the ladders or this clan is completly on idle forever? I think we have the power to kick some serious ass. The core to decide but i'm for it !! :instagib:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
«BuA»Meat said:
hey guys with everyone on new puters, any chances joining back the ladders or this clan is completly on idle forever? I think we have the power to kick some serious ass. The core to decide but i'm for it !! :instagib:

I think the main quotient here isn't that we can kick serious butt, Meat... it's availability.
I prolly wouldn't be able to make matches scheduled between 2pm and 8pm on my regular work days, and that's just me... hell, you guys can do it without me, of that there is little doubt... so if you wanna get something started, and everyone is in compliance and agreement, more power to ya.
Matches on my off days, or (with some warning) at a decent hour (for me, anyways) I'll either be there or let people know I can't.

There's lots of iffyness here... so let's hear what everyone else has to say about it, k? :)

Last edited:

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Admittedly, I haven't been concerned with the ladders since we get scrims fairly often. In scrims, we can just play and have fun, but when it comes to the ladders, other clans can get really picky and whiney. It takes all the fun out of the game.

However, Lurker is also correct. One reason we stopped playing the ladders is that we came to a point where we weren't able to field enough players for a scheduled match, due to time conflicts and so forth. Another is even if we *did* get our players together for a scheduled match, the opposing clan only showed up half the time, and then they even showed up late. It was a big waste of time, and, again, took all the fun out of the game.

Now, we could re-join the ladders and see if those situations have changed, but the only thing that would be different is that we might be able to play a more varied assortment of clans. Whether we actually do will probably be up to everybody.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I for one am not at all intersted in joining the ladders again. not full team ladders anyway. We might make a few 2v2 teams or something...but I won't go any further than that.

The main reason is because the other clans are either irresponsible with the whole be on time and have enough players thing. Then there are all kinds of rules to follow and disagreements between clans. If you ask me...its not worth it. It takes too much time and effort to try and get a good ladder match that everyone enjoys. As it has already been said...to me...the ladders aren't fun. Rather they are a frustration thats makes me not want to play anymore. Scrims are just for ****s and giggles and are enjoyable for the most part.

Thats all I have to say about the subject...unless you really want me to let loose on how I feel about the whole ladder thing. And if requested...I'll leave out the sugar-coated topping. ;)

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Meat, I was the one who really pushed for «BuA» to join the ladders back in UT2K3 and even in UT2K4. What BC and SS state is really true. I have been an admin over at IGL for quite some time and its non-stop moaning & groaning. I think folks forgot that the ladders are there to promote some competition and have FUN. When we had a 2v2 team on the ladder, it was very apparent that we had to always take action to locate the other teams. They always came late or requested a reschedule at the last minute. On the 5v5 ladder we had some serious issues with folks not following the rules and they belittled us for follwing them. We did have a few good matches but those few bad ones took the fun out of it for some reason.
The other issue for the 5v5 ladders is having enough commitment from Assassins to make themselves available. Its hard enough to get folks to stcik around for a SCRIM late on Mon. and Thurs. nites but what about Tues., Wed, etc.. I would like to see «BuA» gain a few more Assassins with some skill so we can always have enough folks to field. I have to agree with BC, maybe 2v2 or 3v3 ladders but not the 5v5.
If we have enough folks who want to really join then suffice it to say I would support the Team.

How about we form some 2v2 teams and join...

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Thats a possibility. But we have to pick who will be on what team if we have more than one...and then I would have to suggest trainging the teams daily for a week or two atleast. Become familiar with all v ladder maps and figure out what strat. works the best.

'Nuff said. Got called into work again tonight. Time for bed now.

«BuA»Meat

Silent Assassin
Oct 27, 2003
Québec
ho well if my only hope is the 2v2 or 3v3 on good adrenaline competition well who ever wants me in his team just raise your mouse :D

i take scrim as good as ladders on adrenaline because i haven't played that much on ladders and winning for a rank in community.

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Well...in light of your recent problems and frustrations, I'd have to say we'll hold ff on you Meat. If you don't think you can do it...the good 'Tude isn't there and you won't be able to play well. The first step us telling yourself you can do it.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Yeah, this is true too.

If you need more practice in the mornings, I'm usually in TS around 8:00-8:15.
More than likely waiting on someone :con: to get up outta bed and frag... so feel free to come in and shoot a few rounds with me.
I'm really gettin tired of botmatches. :)

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Once we figure out the team line-ups...we'll set multiple days in the afternoon for workouts.

Those people that never show up in irc or ts on their spare time...forget about it. This isn't for you.

Myself, Dev, Taz, Meat, Lurk, and maybe steel would be my picks to work the teams around. Everyone else...prove to me and the others that you have more than just an hour two nights of the week to frag with your friends...you might have a slim chance.

«BuA»Meat

Silent Assassin
Oct 27, 2003
Québec
kid goes to school at 8:00 am so going to be online evry morning except tuesdays i'll be on irc for those who wants a morning fest

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
«BuA»Lurker_71 said:
Yeah, this is true too.

If you need more practice in the mornings, I'm usually in TS around 8:00-8:15.
More than likely waiting on someone :con: to get up outta bed and frag... so feel free to come in and shoot a few rounds with me.
I'm really gettin tired of botmatches. :)

Doh! I *did* say I wasn't going to be meeting you this week, didn't I? :eek:

I'm working this week (40 hours scheduled), so I won't be around in the morning.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Shattered_Steel said:
Doh! I *did* say I wasn't going to be meeting you this week, didn't I? :eek:

I don't recall it, but that doesn't mean you didn't.
Just givin' ya a hard time anyways. ;)

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Bonecrusher said:
Once we figure out the team line-ups...we'll set multiple days in the afternoon for workouts.

Those people that never show up in irc or ts on their spare time...forget about it. This isn't for you.

Myself, Dev, Taz, Meat, Lurk, and maybe steel would be my picks to work the teams around. Everyone else...prove to me and the others that you have more than just an hour two nights of the week to frag with your friends...you might have a slim chance.

Amen Little Dude..
Love your New SIG.. That new Rig is worth bragging About!!

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
For some reason, the ladders turned into a pissing grounds and haven't been fun in quite a while. If anything, they have been there for rival clans to get at each other and post their results for bragging. Now, we spoke with a guy from -)AO(- clan recently who is really putting time into catching cheaters and finding out what it is they do to beat the system. He and a few others are single-handedly trying to clean up the LGI CTF community. Maybe one day soon they will succeed and the ladders will be fun again and competition will be friendly. There will always be a few suckas out there, but that's life.

As far as having more time in the week, I would just like to take a moment to apologize. I promised that I would have a new rig by now and that I would have more time during the week, but I haven't built the sucker yet. At least Taz got me off my arse and got me to buy a new vid card. I already have a case, too. The rest is to come later. (Before the end of the year at the latest.) However, as some of you know, I tend to put in some late hours, so if any of you are up late, check and see if I am around. :)

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
You'll only find me up late on weekends. Since I have school I'm not allowed to be on the computer in the a.m. ;)

My only weekday frag times are now probably 3:30-9...as long as I don't work and nothing else is going on. Maybe a little bit later if I give the fam a heads-up.

Lets try mapping out one or two 2v2 teams tonight. And then we'll see how often we can get together and think things out. Its gonna be a long process if we can't get together a little bit everyday.

See yas tonight!