Logitech Precision Gaming Headset - Right channel problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hi,

If anyone else out there has one of these headsets, I got one a while ago and have been having a problem with the right channel suddenly going on the blink every now and then. The sound does come back when pull the cable towards me instead of letting it drop down.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to fix this. I'm willing to bet the cable has gotten twisted like many of my headsets in the past. Perhaps the problem is in the volume control. If so, is there any way to solder the tiny cables inside ? They seem to have something on them that stops solder bonding with them.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Is this the same headset that came with the UT2004 Collector's Edition (whichever version shipped on a DVD)? Mine recently started to go on the left channel with a similar problem, not to mention the fuzz padding has deteriorated and is now just flaking off.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yeah, if it's that one same problems for me. The microphone cover thing is gone, eaten through. The ear pads are eaten through. The volume control is weakening contact so I get lots of static and the channels go in and out.

I bought an Altec Lansing headset several years ago to replace that and they worked great until a couple days ago when the mic came unconnected from the volume control PCB. I've ordered a pair of Turtle Beach TBS-2114 HPA2 5.1 Surround headphones so hopefully they work great :)