UV texturing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
You mean how do I align textures in max or so? Normally just box mapping, or sometimes uvw unwrap to align things properly with trim textures or whatever.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Well, box mapping would uber-stretch what I've got and I'd like to get into the uvw-unwrap right now. I mean, once you have the template, where do you go from there? Copy it and plug it into a photo editor and apply the textures? If I want to use stock textures, how would I go about doing that?

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
I got one thing ,how do you make a pan texture pan the direction you want,I did one and it allways panned from left to right,and i needed it to go from top to bottom.
And it cant be done after the texture is placed,it has to be done in the texture propeties as you make it somehow.Not meshes or Max just a wall in ut2004.

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
Reciprocity said:
Well, box mapping would uber-stretch what I've got and I'd like to get into the uvw-unwrap right now. I mean, once you have the template, where do you go from there? Copy it and plug it into a photo editor and apply the textures? If I want to use stock textures, how would I go about doing that?

Yes, open the UVMap in Photoshop(or whatever you use) and Paint away.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I was reading up on the Sae tut and I saw vertex painting in action. How do I vertex paint stock textures onto models?

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Au contraire, Fordy. It's fully capable of vertex painting. The only problem is that the UVs are messed up and overlap so it always comes out looking...messed up and overlapping.

Why is Maya so f*cking hard to learn...?

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
Unless you know 3DSMax, stick with Maya. It won't be any easier to learn. That said, it can be used for Modeling, but you need to download some other programs and some plugins to do it. Exporting requires some extra steps as well.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I found the el cheapo 3ds Max gmax alot easier to use than Maya actually. I just need to know if it's compatible at all with UnrealED.

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
Not directly, you need to Export to another App, change some things on it, then Export it from there.

Just tried to find the instructions on how to do it, but seem to not recall where I saw them. Try Searching at the Atari or 3DBuzz forums for the details on using GMax.