Hi, how create a netwar with bots??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Hi together,

it's been a long time since I had played infiltration. Now I want to start again with some friends (because CS:S is much to fast and I don't like the waepons...) Now my problem is, that I can create a lot of botmtaches local on my computer (created a lot of soldiers and teams) but I am not able to create a onlinegame with bots... I want to test it so i chose only 1 minimum player, but when I start the game it says waiting for other players... must there be stil 2 real players in a netwar??

Thy Lance

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
The easiest way of all is to start the server, log in as an admin via the console using the command "adminlogin <password>" and then type "addbots <number of bots>". Voila, you have bots.

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Hi,

thx, yeah the problem was, I was much too impatient... I had to wait some seconds until the bots joined the game.

But I have still two problems:

1. When i create a server via netwar, the server is only visible in the LAN not online, so what I have to do to create an onlineserver?? (Computer is connect via a router with A-DSL (3000 down 384 up)

2. How can I make my selfcreated Teams (with selfcreated soldiers with special loadouts) work in a netwar-game?? I don't like it, that the bots in this games have all kind of weapons.

BTW I can't await INf for HL2 because the grafics of UT are a bit out of date... But the Gameplay of INF is the best of all mods ever created!

Lance

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
1. Go to the Server config and make sure you have checked the Adertise-box.

2. Explore the menus. You'll find a tab saying Team. Click New and create your oen team and give each soldier their loadout.

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Hello Almost,

thx, I created a lot of soldiers and teams (as i said in my second post) but these teams work only in localwar not in netwar... so how can I make these teams work in netwar???

Lance

BTW what is the adertise-box???

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Teams don't work in multiplayer. There's a setting (somewhere) for minimum number of players - the server will add bots to fill in up to this maximum. You could also look at the Humans vs bots mutator (go to the ICRS in my sig).

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Go there (in crowzes sig):

Community Resources Site

Downloads

and there scroll down to

Individual Files
Mutators

There the 9th.

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
HI,

they only say it will work with 2.86... I will try it with 2.9... But I am not sure if this mutator will solve my Problem. I like to use the created teams (with created soldiers and special loadouts)in netwar.

Szenario:

Team A: me and my friends Team B: one of my created teams with bots (with special loadouts)

ok I will try this mutator...

Lance

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
It works with 2.9.

You cannot use preselected teams in netwars. You MIGHT be able to do this by deleting all other bots and setting random order of bots to false, but I do not know if that works. Then you only have to figure out which bot goes to which team and select the loadouts for them afterwards.

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Hi,

yeah you are right, the mutator didn't do what I really wanted. Ok maybe it will be possible in one of the versions for HL2. This workaround has to do until this version come out. I deleted all other bots.

Thx Lance

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Hi,

I have still problems with the server, althougt i opened the ports 7777, 7778 and the masterserverport (after this the server was visible in the serverbrowser) on my router and in the xp2 firewall. But the others are still not able to connect... any suggestions??

thx Lance

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
How far they are getting in the connection process...do they load the mission, and it halts after (connecting on the screen) or before?

Did you put all neccesary mutators to the serverpackage area of the infiltration.ini?